Would you buy another Indian?

WOULD YOU BUY ANOTHER (BRAND) NEW INDIAN MOTORCYCLE?

• Yes, in a heartbeat.

• Maybe, if I had a windfall.

• Possibly.

• I don't think so

• Never again.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jerrylee 9964

"Brand agnostic" I am going to use that. I don't understand the brand worship of so many people. I like them all (motorcycles that is). Some more than others. Brands are a necessary evil. This may be one of the best motorcycles ever made because It gave me the virus! I had to climb up on a block to get on it. Had to ride around and stop back at that block. Pure joy.

Attachments

• 20231121_192518.jpg
    20231121_192518.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 7

edgelett

Love the bike. Hate the dealership in Aus. The first service they charged a fortune and a week later I had the bike halfway stripped down fixing what they had messed up. If it goes to a mechanic again it likely won't be the dealership. Another pain point is a small warranty claim that I submitted a month and a half ago and still waiting for a resolution.
which dealer??

mark.lb

Love my 19 FTR-RR - It is all the sport bike I need. But - As you age your riding style and taste in motorcycles will probably change. At 65yrs I now enjoy cruiser-bar hoppers and baggers. They are fun to ride and are easy to modify if you want more power/performance. I am very loyal to the Indian brand.
51E1D819-3330-4E6D-ABCA-90B9422C34B7.jpeg

MacBayne

Love my 19 FTR-RR - It is all the sport bike I need. But - As you age your riding style and taste in motorcycles will probably change. At 65yrs I now enjoy cruiser-bar hoppers and baggers. They are fun to ride and are easy to modify if you want more power/performance. I am very loyal to the Indian brand.
View attachment 8322

What is the bag on the passenger seat on your FTR? I like it and I want one.

Eeyore

Here is a similar tail bag i have on my FTR...... got it off Amazon.

JFG RACING Motorcycle Tail Bag,Universal 11.5L Multifunctional Rear Seat Luggage Bags for Most Motorcycle Dirt Pit Street Sports Bike https://a.co/d/2jIyY0Z

Attachments

• 20230901_154903.jpg
    20230901_154903.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10

Peterson

In spite of the monstrosity that lumbered out of Spirit Lake following all the tantalising hype with the project bike, (I still think that stock the 19 FTR is a candidate for one of the ugliest motorcycles that I've ever seen and biggest disappointments to come out of a factory). In spite of being one of the worst fuelled bikes to ever splutter out of a showroom. In spite of the cold start issues and the cut outs that contrived to try and claim my life. In spite of the countless coin that I've had to throw at it to get it to run right and even vaguely resemble the flat track motorcycle that Indian purported it to be. In spite of the laughably low range and the eye watering fuel consumption. In spite of the stupid TV sized TFT display that ruins the front end. In spite of the shite customer experience offered by Indian and the exorbitant pricing for spares...

This is without doubt the most fun I've had on a motorcycle since I learnt to ride my first bike, a Yamaha DT 175 on the dirt. And this is the best bike I've owned since my RD350LC. Every day, feels like the first one - the anticipation and the thrill of riding it. The novelty never wears of. It's as though I've just collected it from the dealer. I love the fact that it's a challenging, temperamental, crotchety bitch...feed it what it demands, learn to tame all this with your wrist first, not a laptop or an ECU. I adore the fact that its such a head turner, that it's so unique, inimitable and frankly...such a badass beast. As I said before, turns out, the bike that I brought home to my garage was possessed. Short of bringing in a Priest, swinging the incense burner and sprinkling it with holy water whilst reciting the Athanasian Creed and performing a three hour exorcism ritual, I opted instead for the Lloydz V6. Granted, she was replete with more issues and attitude problems than a bi-polar ex, to an extent, I genuinely like elements of unpredictability. The subsequent bench flash may have lobotomised its deranged electronic brain and sanitised this animal like shock therapy and in the process erased some of that 'character' i speak of, but its tetchiness and irritability occasionally rears its head and reminds me of the bikes I grew up riding. I absolutely love this bike.

Would I purchase another Indian? I wanted a street tracker - and I so wanted the bike that they teased and dangled in front of us in the marketing. That was the only reason I bought into the brand. We didn't get that - but as ugly as it seemed, beneath it all Indian nonetheless had created a gnarly flat track-inspired street hooligan that’s not for the faint-hearted or the inexperienced. It oozes character all of its own and the ill-mannered demeanour engineered and extracted from its flat track DNA was immediately obvious the first time I rode it. Seeing as they seem intent upon distancing themselves from that pedigree and increasingly compromise and pander to market appeal (which is understandable), the answer is no. I really don't like the post '19 incarnations of this machine and for now, I'm very happy with what I have,
Haha, veeery well said! After long test rides I signed in with the FTR and bought it not so as a midrange wood rocket, but more a "Gasslhatzer", which is viennese slang and can´t be translated exactly - "Gassl" is a very narrow downtown street, "hatzer" means chaser, burner or chevy. It offers drag-experience, even when cruising along. I just love it - be it engine response, seating position or looks.

DJ121

In spite of the monstrosity that lumbered out of Spirit Lake following all the tantalising hype with the project bike, (I still think that stock the 19 FTR is a candidate for one of the ugliest motorcycles that I've ever seen and biggest disappointments to come out of a factory). In spite of being one of the worst fuelled bikes to ever splutter out of a showroom. In spite of the cold start issues and the cut outs that contrived to try and claim my life. In spite of the countless coin that I've had to throw at it to get it to run right and even vaguely resemble the flat track motorcycle that Indian purported it to be. In spite of the laughably low range and the eye watering fuel consumption. In spite of the stupid TV sized TFT display that ruins the front end. In spite of the shite customer experience offered by Indian and the exorbitant pricing for spares...

This is without doubt the most fun I've had on a motorcycle since I learnt to ride my first bike, a Yamaha DT 175 on the dirt. And this is the best bike I've owned since my RD350LC. Every day, feels like the first one - the anticipation and the thrill of riding it. The novelty never wears of. It's as though I've just collected it from the dealer. I love the fact that it's a challenging, temperamental, crotchety bitch...feed it what it demands, learn to tame all this with your wrist first, not a laptop or an ECU. I adore the fact that its such a head turner, that it's so unique, inimitable and frankly...such a badass beast. As I said before, turns out, the bike that I brought home to my garage was possessed. Short of bringing in a Priest, swinging the incense burner and sprinkling it with holy water whilst reciting the Athanasian Creed and performing a three hour exorcism ritual, I opted instead for the Lloydz V6. Granted, she was replete with more issues and attitude problems than a bi-polar ex, to an extent, I genuinely like elements of unpredictability. The subsequent bench flash may have lobotomised its deranged electronic brain and sanitised this animal like shock therapy and in the process erased some of that 'character' i speak of, but its tetchiness and irritability occasionally rears its head and reminds me of the bikes I grew up riding. I absolutely love this bike.

Would I purchase another Indian? I wanted a street tracker - and I so wanted the bike that they teased and dangled in front of us in the marketing. That was the only reason I bought into the brand. We didn't get that - but as ugly as it seemed, beneath it all Indian nonetheless had created a gnarly flat track-inspired street hooligan that’s not for the faint-hearted or the inexperienced. It oozes character all of its own and the ill-mannered demeanour engineered and extracted from its flat track DNA was immediately obvious the first time I rode it. Seeing as they seem intent upon distancing themselves from that pedigree and increasingly compromise and pander to market appeal (which is understandable), the answer is no. I really don't like the post '19 incarnations of this machine and for now, I'm very happy with what I have,
For my part I want to say that's beautiful writing!

Peterson

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Not in Australia it isn't.
Starting price before you even look at a single mod or change is $29K.
I don't happen to have that spare cash sitting around!

but if I win lotto - yeah I'll get one.
in Austria the FTR Carbon 100% is starting at € 24.790,- this is about 40.840 Aussie Dollars ....... so don´t worry, be happy ...

Roddy

which dealer??
Geelong. Terrible mechanic. The fact the workshop is also an LDV workshop with a parttime Indian motorcycle mechanic should have been the give away. After 4 months of waiting my part arrived only to find out they ordered the wrong part....so another 4 months of waiting I guess.

After the first service I had oil leaking from the top of the engine. On investigation the oil hose coming from the top of the cylinder had been disconnected and a handful of screws were completely unwound. The chain had also been done up so tight there was no slack. It was the most I've ever paid for a first service, so I was expecting a decent experience. Even left grubby hand prints on the tank.

First impressions of Indian support has been bad. I was keen on some of their new range but after all this I don't know if I would come back.