22 Full Exhaust with Dyno Jet Tune, Loving it!!!

FTR London

no I think there's some confusion here.
I have a Toce, yes its made in the states, yes its excellent quality.

the one the OP has however is made in Indonesia and that's the one we're discussing as having a finish that has faded, at least on one example I saw.
Mine was exported from their works, Connecticut USA, and in under a year, the satin finish of the headers is now blue. It doesn't bother me in the slightest - it's a motorcycle and as we know, this particular one generates heat and obviously more of it with a cat delete.

What is disappointing however is the emergence of white speckles on the black end can.

American

I was looking into the Toce exhaust and notice they changed the end can to a different style but haven’t seen a photo of it yet.
Unsure what they are calling the cone style vs the shorty style.
Could in theory be due to issues like London experienced.

edgelett

I've had mine on my bike since 2020. No white speckles on the end can, and the only bluing is right where the headers meet the engine.
other than that, mine looks like this almost all the time:
324631609_1072075210854424_7322591161739614904_n.jpg

FTR London

I've had mine on my bike since 2020. No white speckles on the end can, and the only bluing is right where the headers meet the engine.
other than that, mine looks like this almost all the time:
324631609_1072075210854424_7322591161739614904_n.jpg
I know. I don't expect it to happen to others and wasn't suggesting that it would just as what happened with Breto's baffles was not the norm.

I think its simply an unfortunate aberration. Very odd. But nonetheless, it's imported from America and the quality of finish is not excellent. Despite that, I don't regret the purchase.

M9Carbon22

Say I went with just the headers, put a Racefit exhaust end piece on it, then a Lloyds tune. Would that be on par with the Toce as far as performance or would it likely be a downgrade?
Also what were their costings? vaguely

edgelett

Say I went with just the headers, put a Racefit exhaust end piece on it, then a Lloyds tune. Would that be on par with the Toce as far as performance or would it likely be a downgrade?
I don't think the racefit goes on the 2022 due to the welded cat?
in terms of performance it's not as good as the Toce, definitely a downgrade and a LOT louder.

Mile has had both so he'll be able to explain better.

M9Carbon22

I don't think the racefit goes on the 2022 due to the welded cat?
in terms of performance it's not as good as the Toce, definitely a downgrade and a LOT louder.

Mile has had both so he'll be able to explain better.
The welded cat is attached to the stock headers. I am talking about buying new headers off the same guy as the photo.

But if the performance is a downgrade that's not as interesting.

edgelett

The welded cat is attached to the stock headers. I am talking about buying new headers off the same guy as the photo.

But if the performance is a downgrade that's not as interesting.
oh right the Indonesian headers?
they're absolutely a downgrade from the Toce - firstly, no-one has dynotuned them or developed a tune specifically for them.
Second, who knows what kind of steel they're made from. it won't be as high quality as US steel that's for sure.
Lastly -they're not designed to fit a Racefit exhaust - the end of the pipe, if you have a good look is VERY long. The Racefit is quite long and designed to attach where the cat is removed but this exhaust, it goes longer than the cat.
it's designed to fit their muffler, nothing else, and lots of people who have tried to fit other mufflers have had to cut/weld/remake exhaust hangers etc.
it would likely be a hassle.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
No, the toce magic is their header design.