A hotspot.

• Thread starter Deleted member 706
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 706

I recently noticed a small blemish on my seat, clearly something hot touched it. I've got no idea how, when etc
Your guess is as good as it gets...

Attachments

• IMG_20210727_222825.jpg
    IMG_20210727_222825.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21

Breto

I recently noticed a small blemish on my seat, clearly something hot touched it. I've got no idea how, when etc
Your guess is as good as it gets...
Just be careful bro…my kid had his bike seat marked…he didn’t think much of it and the bike was stolen that week…sometimes they’ll put a mark on it to identify the target…keep an eye on it mate…👍

D

Deleted member 706

Nope I don't have a soldering iron.
Breto if I was going to lose a bike this would be the one to let go.
I'm currently at Gingers Roadhouse waiting for Indian assist, probably a dead battery...

D

Deleted member 706

Well the bike got towed to the dealership and Wifey had to come and pick me up.
The battery is OK, there's a blown fuse but that's not the end of it...
Go out for a nice Friday arvo ride ahead of a wet weekend, fuck.
The FTR is turning out to be a bit of a disappointment which is in itself disappointing because it's a fun bike.
They laugh about Harley-Davidson and reliability 😳

S2Davies

The FTR is turning out to be a bit of a disappointment which is in itself disappointing because it's a fun bike.
Sorry to hear that mate, I hope things improve for you, as you say, these bikes are such a giggle so hopefully you'll be sorted very soon.

Breto

Mmmm well I can identify with your pain mate…as I have said in many threads, I was about to take mine back and shove it up the salesman’s ass…the worst off the floor bike I have ever owned…I’ve spent a shit load of money getting it to run rite and now I wouldn’t trade it for anything but yeah dude, I know your pain…🤦‍♂️

D

Deleted member 706

So the update is that the bike got a new battery. I called up to find out the receptionist put me on hold came back to me and told it was new battery and it was available for pick up. I thought that was a bit distant as I didn't get the opportunity to talk to the workshop guys, and that she was a bit dismissive.
Today I followed up with scan of the invoices for a 2 X oil change kits and service work at my local independent workshop. No where on the new dealerships site is there an email address so I filled in a contact form and got a call back soon after. The guy on the phone explained to me what was happening and and then asked if I knew about the invoice! I thought this was a warranty and that the Roadside assist was part of that package. No apparently it's not, apparently the onus was on me to tell them that I was looking for "WARRANTY" assistance when I called from out on the road!!! I told hime the dealer principal had queried me about the oil change kits and who did the servicing, remember there was no local dealership at the time. The principal called me back and started out sying that the other guy told him him that he'd said it was a warranty job, I had to pull him up on that. I told him that since he'd asked me about the potentila warranty void that it was understood that this was warranty claim. He's going to submit a warranty claim with Indian HQ.
This might turn out to be the most expensive battery I've ever bought but if that's so it will worth every cent. If they stuff me around it will the last time I have anything to do with them and I won't be waiting another 3 months to to put the Fuel Moto tune and Bassani pipe on it, it will be my bike and unemcumbered by the big brother call warranty. I'm so tempted to tell them that the warranty is about to be voided by Bassani and Fuel Moto...
It could be a lesson well learnt, I guess the didn't just stumble on the nickname of Stealerships, fucking warranties are two edged blade which they wield. This is the closest to a brand new bike I've ever had, I always thought I wanted one but now I'm having second thoughts. I can parts from elsewhere, Melbourne or Tamworth.
A local car dealer advertised "Choose your dealer before you choose your car" now that's something to think about if I ever do buy a brand new bike.
Just what would I get if I went for the new option, complete with the warranty caveat.
To be continued...

Breto

We used to have a dedicated Indian dealer…then they got swallowed up by Team Moto…I’ll only be taking mine there for recalls…I have the ex Indian mechanic looking after both our bikes now…while they are still in warranty that is…👍😎

D

Deleted member 706

Team Moto, I don't really know anything about them, other than a quick search a few years ago. They are not a well loved name, in fact I have nothing good about them.
My mate in NZ got his son into a mechanical apprenticeship with the local HD dealer. He went on to work for the Indian dealership when it opened up, now he has his own workshop. A now closed HD dealer had a shocking reputation too but they closed. Is there a pattern here?
The local Triumph dealer doesn't please everyone but they have a good reputation and I've bought a few bikes off them over the years, I d happily buy another, if I wanted to replace the FTR.

kiwi dave

My mate in NZ got his son into a mechanical apprenticeship with the local HD dealer. He went on to work for the Indian dealership when it opened up, now he has his own workshop.
I'm curious to know where your mate's son has his workshop?

D

Deleted member 706

lol fair point
How this pans out will determine what happens next.
I'm seriously tempted to "void the warranty" and fit the Bassani, PV3 etc...
Warranty runs out in November so the 8000 K service might be done at my independent workshop. Plan A was to keep the bike stock and servicing at the dealership. The bike is on 6000 K's now.
I'm not enjoying this at all.

D

Deleted member 706

*Groan * the hotspot is between my ears right now.
I just got a voice mail from the shop receptionist telling me my bike is ready to pick up. I already know that! They didn't say anything about the warranty claim...
Communications are not this shops specialty.
I'm seriously doubting my future relationship with the dealership here. It's time to have a talk with my independent bike shop.

D

Deleted member 706

OMG they really are a bunch of peanuts.
I rang up and told them I'd got a voice mail that the bike was ready to pick up. After asking if they had any other news, they said No. We then spoke about the warranty claim and eventually determined that the warranty claim had been accepted and no invoice was being issued, what a rigmarol.
I've now spoken with my regular workshop and they can handle all that I need so I'm going to take the bike there. I'm so sick of the "may affect your warranty" stick being waved around, it's my bike and I want it just the way I want it! It's going in there soon for the PV3, Bassani and lowering kit to be fitted, something I should have done ages ago.
Edgelett, don't be sad because I'm happy and feeling liberated. I'll pick up my bike smile, thank them and not let on that it won't be going back for the 8,000 K service. If it looks like any warranty claim arises between now and November that's a bridge to be crossed when we get there.
The sad thing thing is that this has been a fuck around from the day they announced the bike, and kept us waiting for it.