Added a Puig screen today

Slowly but surely prepping and testing different parts for the Daytona Bike Week trip; Dallas to Daytona Beach - 1169 miles one way for us; yikes right?

So, added this screen. Now the quick ride I did tonight; which it was already dark and I wasn't feeling the cold so I got up to maybe 60; it din't feel as major of a difference as I'd thought. But that was in my helmet area which is exactly the way the windscreen is aimed, towards my head. So I'm thinking now I need to pickup the Puig (I think it's Puig) extension, that basically clamps on to the top of the current screen and adds another 5-6 inches of windshield. It's not permenant so after the trip? Simply pop it off, only use it when needed.

Now the real question next is; what to do about a seat? Say I only have about $600 left to spend before march, and really a PV3 HAS to be part of that. I'm in trouble aren't I lol?

Attachments

• IMG_6285.jpeg
    IMG_6285.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_6295.jpeg
    IMG_6295.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_6297.jpeg
    IMG_6297.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114

kiwi dave

Mine is about to arrive any day now.

Any issues fitting it? Neither Revzilla (where I purchased it) and the manufacturer could not tell me the distance between the mounting points.

Did it just slip on? Or were modifications required?

Dude it was super easy. Almost couldn't believe it... Allen Metric 6 to take off the two bolts holding the top most part of the clamps to the Forks; replace with teh new bolts from Puig that are a bit longer and have room for this spacer. So you basically take out old bolts, put in new bolts, hold on the windshield, put the spacer in, tighten it up. If I had the Metric 6 Allen key in L form like a normal human I would have had it done in less than 10 minutes but I"m dumb lol. So instead I took the windshield OFF of it's bracket (The instructions also show you how to do it that way). And then tightened it up with the long keychain style bunch of allen wrenches that were just a BIT too long to make hte turn to do it with the windshield still on. Either way; easiest thing I've done.

EDIT: Look at the IMG_6297 picture on the right side; see how the Y bracket comes in on the clamp where the top of the forks are? The black bolt holding that bracket on the bike is normally silver stock from Indian. That's the ONLY place it's mounted on the bike, but it's hella torqued on there so make sure you re-tighten properly.

Indian in Texas

I just brought my FTR home, and I really want to add a Puig windscreen. I can't seem to find one is stock anywhere in the US at this time! Did you guys buy them all? What gives?

I just brought my FTR home, and I really want to add a Puig windscreen. I can't seem to find one is stock anywhere in the US at this time! Did you guys buy them all? What gives?
Man I just bought mine like 2 months ago! Lemme see if I can find you one in stock; I got mine no problem from Revzilla.

Attachments

• Bike2.jpg
    Bike2.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 52

lobo

Slowly but surely prepping and testing different parts for the Daytona Bike Week trip; Dallas to Daytona Beach - 1169 miles one way for us; yikes right?

So, added this screen. Now the quick ride I did tonight; which it was already dark and I wasn't feeling the cold so I got up to maybe 60; it din't feel as major of a difference as I'd thought. But that was in my helmet area which is exactly the way the windscreen is aimed, towards my head. So I'm thinking now I need to pickup the Puig (I think it's Puig) extension, that basically clamps on to the top of the current screen and adds another 5-6 inches of windshield. It's not permenant so after the trip? Simply pop it off, only use it when needed.

Now the real question next is; what to do about a seat? Say I only have about $600 left to spend before march, and really a PV3 HAS to be part of that. I'm in trouble aren't I lol?
Did you get the extension? Any good?

Jyonish

Shows in stock at revzilla, all options

o sup

Did you end up adding the windscreen visor? I see 3 size options listed on Revzilla - which did you go with?

kiwi dave

Mine is about to arrive any day now.

Any issues fitting it? Neither Revzilla (where I purchased it) and the manufacturer could not tell me the distance between the mounting points.

Did it just slip on? Or were modifications required?
Happy to say it fitted great!