Aeromach fender eliminator

kiwi dave

I've installed one on my FTR-1200. I was desperate to get rid of the indicators banging into my shins. It fitted my NZ plate which is slightly larger than the USA versions (California at least). Label your rear indicators when you remove them from the lower position, I got real confused trying to connect them back up. They are not interchangeable (connector wise).

All my cables except the plate LED illuminator fitted nicely under the seat, I was not keen on tying all the leads in a bundle and strapping them to the Aeromach bracket.

My intention initially was to remove the rear guard brackets completely, but have now decided to keep it handy for longer trips where a wet ride might be encountered. The small rear fender contributes a lot to keeping water and mud being thrown up on to the rear of the bike.

Since there are no longer any electrical cables involved it is a simple matter of attaching with the three original 8mm bolts.
I can't envisage how a side rack can be mounted with the Aeromach bracket installed, if someone has managed it, I would love to see a picture.

Murdock

I have done lots of my my break in kilometers on a rainy day. Even with the original rear fender it will paint your back and helmet ;-).

John-FTR17

I have this on my bike. Nice product, well fabricated, heavy duty.

Since I have no use for the accessory bracket, I would have preferred it no be incorporated in the design; maybe some day I'll trim it up and clean up the under seat profile.

But after a lot of research, I think this is the best plate relocation bracket available.

Blue1 - How do you like your S&S Exhaust? You running with or without Cat? I cant tell by your pic. Thnx