Akrapovic exuast

Fozzy

Hi
Has anyone removed the baffles from a 2022 ftr carbon akrapovic, if so did you need to do anything to fuelling or ecu
Tia

ng3FUMf4vCM3YgW

@Bumati - Did you make those pipes for the catalytic converter delete yourself? Were you able to match the stainless tubing so they tarnished to match the factory tubing?

I'm planning on doing the same thing this winter.

Bumati

@Bumati - Did you make those pipes for the catalytic converter delete yourself? Were you able to match the stainless tubing so they tarnished to match the factory tubing?

I'm planning on doing the same thing this winter.
It was the hp corse pipe. I like the design. It has a good length. Great welds and uses the stock mount to the bike. I think to me it helped keep the midrange flat.

brad21

I removed my baffles and left the cat. No tuning necessary but I have re-flashed with the PV3 from Fuel Moto.

Good video here:

Breto

I removed my baffles and left the cat. No tuning necessary but I have re-flashed with the PV3 from Fuel Moto.

Good video here:
Originally I went the other way…Naked Rider cat delete and left the baffles in. Had three FM tunes and was advised to leave them in for tuning purposes. All three tunes were awesome but the rev b tune was the best of all three. Super smooth and responsive. Was very good. Since then I’ve gone Toce low Mount and Lloyd’s tune…👍😎

GT_IndianFTR

Hi does anyone know for sure if you can remove the baffles on the FTR 2022 Carbon R?, has anyone done it with success, I have read that the baffles are also spot welded in on the new models 😬
Don't want to risk drilling holes only to find this out?

Max Kool

The set screws are welded yes, but will typically break free quite easily. If not, you need to drill the set screws.

edgelett

Hi does anyone know for sure if you can remove the baffles on the FTR 2022 Carbon R?, has anyone done it with success, I have read that the baffles are also spot welded in on the new models 😬
Don't want to risk drilling holes only to find this out?
some are, some aren't.
my hubby has a 2022 and his were definitely not spot welded. Spot weld is typically easy to snap anyway.

motocroft

No you don’t need to tune if only removing the baffles.
There are YouTube vids as to how to do it.
Indeed.
Have removed from factory Akro with no other changes (stock catalyzer remains)
No ECU tune required and no isses.
Nothing changes on throttle or power, just a little more braaaaarp.