Any after market exhaust for sale

FTR1200RStu

Hi all im looking atceither replacing my exhaust or removing cat, whats the best option?
Just want it a bit lounder, suggestion welcome

Indi Ian

Hi Stu
If you want loud I have a racefit growler that I am selling £450 + delivery have a look at ferraiolo1on YouTube for the sound 👍

S2Davies

Hi Stu, I'm only in Kettering, I've removed my cat so if you just want to hear the difference with the Akrapovic system on, we can meet up some time.

K9F

Ditch the cat would be my advice in the UK. I had a standard S and had the cat removed and Akrapovics fitted prior to delivery. I dragged my heals and eventually bought into this remote tuning malarkey. The difference is profound. Ironically I met up with S2Davies a while ago whilst he still had his cat fitted and no tune and he liked the way mine sounded.

Roll on a few months and what has been his latest two modifications? Meet up with him and you'll know exactly what way to go! Make it The Plough pub just outside Swindon or somewhere close and I may rock up too?

IF I were looking for a set of pipes I would contact Moore Speed Racing. Three of the workers there along with Colin Moore have FTRs. It may be there's a set of removed pipes available or he may even cut you a good deal. They are also looking at the possibility of supplying TOCE exhausts. If that happens I may be tempted myself?

FTR - Meet Up (1 of 2).jpg

Last edited:

S2Davies

Hi again

I must admit, the sound of K9F's bike did give me the little nudge I needed to fit a de-cat pipe, and I am so glad I did. I also went down the PV-3 rout thanks again to K9F and with all his help it has transformed my FTR experience. I loved the bike before and convinced myself that I could live with the little quirks that the bike had, but then after reading everyone else's experiences with the PV-3, and chatting with K9F, I bit the bullet and went with the retune. The bike is so much better now and the grins even bigger.

The de-cat and Akrapovic set up for me is just the right amount of loud, it doesn't p**s off the neighbours too much with low throttle settings, but noisy enough to let you know when when your going for it. Also, it's not so loud that it attracts too much attention from our boys in blue.

Reactions: K9F

fugz

Exactly the setup i did on mine.
Standard Akras, Decat pipe, PV3 and tune from Ryan in the US.

I did have a Racefit for a while but it just attracts the wrong attention

I ride it a lot harder with the quieter pipes. Just need to change to the tyres now.

mark.lb

I did the opposite. I left the catalytic converter on and drilled out and removed the dB killers. Just the right amount of bark and no need for a ECU flash. CD9FBFF1-24A9-48CB-80EC-D539979026DD.jpeg

K9F

FTR1200Stu,

Just a precautionary thought.

I bought a set of Akrapovics for mine, the first generation of the standard cans where the exhaust hangar is only attached to the upper can are not up to the job of running without a cat. If your standard exhaust bracket is the same as the one below you are OK. If the bracket is smaller and is attached to the upper pipe only you may want to think about after market exhausts if you are going to remove the cat? Alternatively if you want to try removing the baffles from a standard set of cans without ruining your own (not an easy job by all accounts), my take offs are available and they have never been used. They are the ones in the picture below and you could take your time as there would be no pressure to complete to get your bike back on the road.

bracket.jpg

K9F

Say £100 including postage to UK or 100 Euros excluding postage to Euroland.

JDP

I just replaced my complete exhaust system,does anyone want to buy my stock exhaust? I also have a S&S slip on and a decat pipe, if I don’t get back to you real quick I apologize now because I don’t get on this forum often

MANOFWOOD108

Exactly the setup i did on mine.
Standard Akras, Decat pipe, PV3 and tune from Ryan in the US.

I did have a Racefit for a while but it just attracts the wrong attention

I ride it a lot harder with the quieter pipes. Just need to change to the tyres now.
What decat did you get and where can I get the tune? I've heard mixed reviews on various decat's.

MANOFWOOD108

I just replaced my complete exhaust system,does anyone want to buy my stock exhaust? I also have a S&S slip on and a decat pipe, if I don’t get back to you real quick I apologize now because I don’t get on this forum often
What did you get? Also where are you located and how much for the decat? I'm in Atl , Ga US.

JDP

I have S&S 2 high race pipes they sound great just didn’t like them once I put them on, only had them on for a week, they cost $1600 new make me an offer

JDP

S&S 2 high make offer

Attachments

• 61C343E0-A6CB-49FC-9DD4-5A3B2215D291.jpeg
    61C343E0-A6CB-49FC-9DD4-5A3B2215D291.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

JDP

With cat , I’m short and they push my right leg out, but man they sound and look so good