Any tires out there that do everything better than the stock dunlops?

There's a lot of sand in central florida, and sometimes I am confronted with a sandy dirtroad that I have to traverse. The dunlop's sketchy sand performance and mediocre(?) asphalt performance has me wondering if there's a tire that just does everything better. I'm not trying to turn it into a dirt bike but I would like to lean more on the adventure side if possible.

What are you guys replacing your dt3-rs with?

Max Kool

How much (in %) of your miles is sandy roads?

(those motoz will surely sacrifice street performance)

Lets go with 10% but how effective the selected tire is likely effect how much I ride in sand. I have to ride on asphalt as I drive to trails on roads, and go to work on the bike sometimes.

MilwDave

In that case, I would give the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR a try, the tires the Rally model comes with.
I went with the Scorpions when I installed the RSD Wheelset. They handle much better both on-road and in mild off-road conditions. They also are still smooth and quiet.
I will be going back to the Dunlops when these wear-out only because I like the looks. I wish they handled as well as the Scorpions but I really like that flat track look.

Last edited:
I went with the Scorpions when I installed the RSD Wheelset. They handle much better both on-road and in mild off-road conditions. They also are still smooth and quiet.
I will be going back to the Dunlops when these wear-out only because I like the looks. I wish they handled as well as the Scorpions but retailers Ned that flat track look.
The scorpions are one of the best looking adv tires I've seen so it seems like this is a pretty good choice for me.