Bike advertising

edgelett

I know that MOST motorcyclists are male, and I know that 'sex sells' but personally I'm getting a bit tired of seeing pics/posters/etc of some random model who clearly doesn't actually ride being used to advertise motorcycles.
I mean sure the women are hot looking and I know it attracts men to look at the bikes but isn't it about time that rather than posting a model in a bikini lying on a motorcycle we use pics of women actually riding?
if the aim is to attract more women to ride then use images of some of the awesome female stunt riders/racers to encourage people to ride.

And no,I'm not a prude. if i was, I wouldn't go out of my way to make sure my other half gets pics with all the hot model chicks at the car racing events we go to lol.
I commented about a model being used to advertise the FTR once and got bombarded with messages from men telling me I 'clearly need to get laid'.
and i'm not against using models from time to time. I'm just a bit over seeing it ALL the time.
and I would be far less irritated if the models they used were riding the bikes lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 192

Ok. So why dont you become the female Ambassador for the FTR.
Take some cool "racy" pics with your bike. Use your female sexuality and the fact you ride an FTR to bring a sexy hot girl image to the scene.
I bet if you get that ball rolling, hot girls will be tripping over each other to post pics of them and there bikes!
C'mon. Let's see how "Edgey" you are!!

Sullaha

"biker girls" on instagram. 🤮

Nice face, bit of flesh but never any rding pics.... 12000 followers...
I want to know how they keep their eye makeup on point when putting on a full face helmet? That and the painted on pants makes me extremely distrustful.
It is interesting because all the companies I gravitate to have the capable women riders like Leah Tokelove, Jolene Van Vught, and Avalon Biddle etc. involved in their marketing campaigns. The ones with the instabikermodels seem half arsed and all about image, probably to draw in half arsed people who see motorcycles as fashion statements, easy stuff for the easily lead/easily parted with their cash.

edgelett

Ok. So why dont you become the female Ambassador for the FTR.
Take some cool "racy" pics with your bike. Use your female sexuality and the fact you ride an FTR to bring a sexy hot girl image to the scene.
I bet if you get that ball rolling, hot girls will be tripping over each other to post pics of them and there bikes!
C'mon. Let's see how "Edgey" you are!!
Are you high?

Murdock

Whooo ... what a dangerous discussion :cool:

Okay, first said: I am not high but my English is not perfect, so please apologize in advance if something sounds strange.

Edgelett, I totally understand and agree with what you say. It is maybe comparable with the fact that in most advertisements regarding family, babies or household the husbands are presented as completely helpless idiots. Not only sex sells, idiots seem to sell as well :giggle:. I would say most women like this idiot ads as much as men like the "PinUp" pictures.

What MikieG says has at least a true core: If you want that something changes, than it is always a good way to start by yourself. There have been a couple of initiatives of people who felt mistreated and got a lot of positive feedback and "followers". In this case it would of course not make sense to demonstrate sexiness. But why not showing the "True Biker Girls" that are more than a piece of decoration?

Yes there will still be negative comments from guys that got lost on the track of evolution, but it could be an important and influencing statement of yourself and all who follow.

By the way: For the Indian FTR, the first step is done:

edgelett

Thank you for understanding what i'm on about Murdock :) And yes I agree about the 'dumb male' adverts too, they're equally as bad and irritate me to hell.

And yes, i have to say it's one thing that drew me to the FTR - first bike advert in AGES i've seen that actually had a female rider in it.I just wish more companies followed this lead.

Max Kool

but because of that she doesnt get free stuff.
Talking about free stuff. I dó get free stuff every now and then, but often it's things I normally wouldn't buy.... Nice to have but it doesn't make my life any better. We even have a swag slush fund at work (I work at a video game studio), and it's been years since I claimed my yearly free hoodie, jackets, t-shirts, wrist bands etc.

I still have an Indian Adventure helmet new in box somewhere too...

Anyway, offtopic, I know. If you've followed the debacle on the other Indian forum in the past few months, you know how men can be...

Last edited:

Murdock

Hey cool tip.(y)

You're right: Shipping costs from US are always high. I order often from Rockouto.com (but it is in most cases still cheaper than buying US parts here).

Thanks