Boots?

R. Warshawsky

Been wearing HD engineer style boots for a long time, would like to switch to a less clunky but safe boot. Thoughts?

Pmcb41

I am not the best source of safety tips because I only wear a helmet about half the time, but when it comes to riding boots with an FTR I prefer western style boot. I have Roland Sands foot pegs that are very sharp. The western boot heel and the sharp pegs hold my foot in place better than anything I’ve ever tried. They are much lighter and less bulky than “biker boots” (I prefer thin leather) they cover higher up the ankle to protect exposed leg from the bent knee position causing pants to ride up high.

I wear Alpine Stars SMX1R short boots for local trips and these for longer trips or the track

Attachments

• C40D4314-5E2F-41A0-BE61-90EBD35E169A.jpeg
    C40D4314-5E2F-41A0-BE61-90EBD35E169A.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 11

K9F

Wore them in the Military for many tours and like an old friend I find them hard to give up after all we've been through. Get used for work and riding and last about three to four years of constant use.

Magnum Vipers.

Comfortable as a training shoe and resilient in the harshest conditions.

Timps27

I recently added a set of Icon Stormhawk’s to my boot/shoe collection and they have instantly become my go to. Easy on/off, comfortable, waterproof.

1D18A849-20A6-46BF-BC4D-84BA1BB6CA89.jpeg

FTR London

Love my engineer boots and great for cruising -

IMG_20210706_161350612.jpg

On summer days (although these are also waterproof - I'm in the UK...so as I said, on 'summer' days) -

IMG_20210706_161600604.jpg

And for sports/track riding -

IMG_20210706_161723985.jpg

22FTRCarbon

I recently got the RSD x White's Foreman Tobacco boots, link and pic below. They are incredible. I think they look amazing, they are very comfortable, and will last longer than I will, lol. They are a little expensive, but they are high quality and worth it...to me.

RSD Boots.jpg

MilwDave

I recently got the RSD x White's Foreman Tobacco boots, link and pic below. They are incredible. I think they look amazing, they are very comfortable, and will last longer than I will, lol. They are a little expensive, but they are high quality and worth it...to me.

View attachment 3937
I was considering picking up a air of those boots in oxblood. RSD offers great gear but their reputation for footwear has been poor up to now.

kendgray

I third the reax Fulton air's. They have great ankle protection, breath reasonably well in the heat, comfortable, the tread is super soft rubber so they grip the road well, and they are fairly affordable. My only complaint is that the laces don't tuck into anything so they could get caught on your peg/shift/brake lever.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
currently am wearing these

they fit great under your riding jeans. or over leather pants.

and these if im riding to work

My next set, i want to try the forma riding shoes

Syco13x

I know they may not be the best motorcycle shoes, but I currently wear Columbia hiking boots as my riding boot. Not sure which model they are, they are comfortable, waterproof and sturdy enough that I don't feel like I'm skimping on safety. They also double as my work shoe, so that's a plus.

Before these, I wore Irish Setter Marshall pull-on boots. Those were also great, but not as "transparent" feeling as the Columbia's. I always knew they were on my foot, even though they were comfortable.

Helge

Using in the warm period of the year for leather and jeans the

Gaerne G. Stelvio Aquatech​

20210826_175357[1].jpg