California residents and Tuners, what's the way to go?

wilit

Moving out of CA is not an option unfortunately, so in the meantime, I need to find another solution. I know the Power Vision 3 is CARB approved for my 2019, so getting that shouldn't be an issue. Looking through DynoJet's tune catalog, it looks pretty thin. Looking at Fuel Moto, they're one of the most recommended sites for tunes, but their website doesn't look like they're super CA friendly. They won't send a PV3 to CA and their tuning page has a "off road vehicle only" disclaimer, so I'm curious if they'll send one. Lloydz Motor Tuning, which seems to be the other most popular tuner, their closest remote tuning location is Reno. That's a 3hr drive for me, which isn't insurmountable, but if I need to have it re-tuned or tweaked, makes for a pain to get out there. I'm curious what you other CA residents are doing.
Primarily I'm just looking to add an S&S slip-on and mostly clear up some of the common EFI issues like the hard cold start and surging.

edgelett

use Lloydz, but post them your ECU.
They do a great tune for the 2019 and will have it back to you in a week.
Contact them about their preferred courier and get insurance.

R. Warshawsky

Moving out of CA is not an option unfortunately, so in the meantime, I need to find another solution. I know the Power Vision 3 is CARB approved for my 2019, so getting that shouldn't be an issue. Looking through DynoJet's tune catalog, it looks pretty thin. Looking at Fuel Moto, they're one of the most recommended sites for tunes, but their website doesn't look like they're super CA friendly. They won't send a PV3 to CA and their tuning page has a "off road vehicle only" disclaimer, so I'm curious if they'll send one. Lloydz Motor Tuning, which seems to be the other most popular tuner, their closest remote tuning location is Reno. That's a 3hr drive for me, which isn't insurmountable, but if I need to have it re-tuned or tweaked, makes for a pain to get out there. I'm curious what you other CA residents are doing.
Primarily I'm just looking to add an S&S slip-on and mostly clear up some of the common EFI issues like the hard cold start and surging.
My 2019 runs the Indian update, and runs well. I seem to be in the minority, on this one...if I were to update I would purchase a new ECU, and have Lloydz set it up...