Charging iPhone 15 from USB port.

donlycan

I am unable to get my iPhone 15 to charge from the USB port on my '19 FTR. The iPhone 15 uses a USB-C plug. I've tried using the Apple cord with a USB-C adapter with no luck. I've also purchased cords that have USB and USB-C connectors. Also to no avail. These cords , w/wo, adapter, charge my phone from the USB port on my desktop computer. For reference I have the same problem with the USB outlet on my KTM 790. Any thoughts?

Staedtler

I seem to recall a setting where you can change the usb port on the screen to be for music, I wonder if that then allows charging for the iPhone 15 too?

KM252

I am unable to get my iPhone 15 to charge from the USB port on my '19 FTR. The iPhone 15 uses a USB-C plug. I've tried using the Apple cord with a USB-C adapter with no luck. I've also purchased cords that have USB and USB-C connectors. Also to no avail. These cords , w/wo, adapter, charge my phone from the USB port on my desktop computer. For reference I have the same problem with the USB outlet on my KTM 790. Any thoughts?
I haven’t plugged my phone into it before this post… just went out to the garage. My ‘23 R Carbon charges my iPhone 15.

donlycan

I thought the problem was cable related. I bought and successfully tested, another short cable and it still will not charge on the bikes. Today I'm going to see if my Sena Comm unit will charge as it has a USB plug.

KM252

I thought the problem was cable related. I bought and successfully tested, another short cable and it still will not charge on the bikes. Today I'm going to see if my Sena Comm unit will charge as it has a USB plug.
You can buy a USB adapter that plugs into your SAE connector. I’ve done that on other bikes that don’t have USB ports built in.

donlycan

You can buy a USB adapter that plugs into your SAE connector. I’ve done that on other bikes that don’t have USB ports built in.
I do have a Deltran accessory to plug into the battery tender pigtail. It works fine but it's not very practical for phone charging or use.
I just tested the Sena Comm charging and it works fine on the FTR, not on the KTM. I'll have to go back and check my install on that one.

donlycan

Still baffled about iPhone 15 charging on the FTR with a cable that works elsewhere. It must be a phone issue.