Clear tube hanging freely, check engine light turned on.

Rjackg

I was changing my battery and noticed this clear tube hanging and I can’t tell what it’s connected to. My engine light turned on today but there isn’t anything listed in the diagnostics so I can’t tell if it’s related. View attachment IMG_8122.jpegCan someone confirm if this clear tube is supposed to hang freely next to the battery?

Rjackg

I was changing my battery and noticed this clear tube hanging and I can’t tell what it’s connected to. My engine light turned on today but there isn’t anything listed in the diagnostics so I can’t tell if it’s related. View attachment 8035Can someone confirm if this clear tube is supposed to hang freely next to the battery?
I just checked old photos and it’s been there since I bought the bike. Still, does anyone know why the engine light would turn on and not show anything in the diagnostics?

Rjackg

I just checked old photos and it’s been there since I bought the bike. Still, does anyone know why the engine light would turn on and not show anything in the diagnostics?
Now it’s gone… I probably had it idling too long. I’m still a couple miles from my first service.

Charliemurphay

Clear tube is your coolant resi overflow
This. Though on my bike it is routed behind the battery next to the fuel vent line. It has its own dedicated loops to secure it in place. Might be worth trying to reroute it instead of having it flap freely in the wind.