Comfort+ Seat - Has anyone tried it?

Maprow

Has anyone tried the Comfort+ Seat listed on Indian's website? Is it worth the money or are there better options? Thanks.

S2Davies

I fitted one about 450 miles ago, and it is definitely an improvement on the stock seat. It still isn't in my opinion a full blown 500 mile a day touring seat, but definitely better. The one thing I did notice, is that the seat "hump" where it transitions from solo to pillion is a little higher and slightly further forward that the stock seat. The only reason I mention it is that, firstly you won't be able to fit a pillion seat cowl, and secondly, if you are a bit taller than average (I'm 6'4") then your normal riding position may be affected. I have to sit slightly further forward than I used to, at first it felt all wrong, but I soon got used to it.

As far as comfort goes, with my old seat, I used to long for the fuel light to come on so me and my bony backside could get off and do a bad impression of John Wayne, but now, I can do a tank full of fuel and actually be disappointed when I have to stop. A definite improvement, and for me money well spent. Oh, and I quite like the look of it too.

Bomverh69

I fitted one about 450 miles ago, and it is definitely an improvement on the stock seat. It still isn't in my opinion a full blown 500 mile a day touring seat, but definitely better. The one thing I did notice, is that the seat "hump" where it transitions from solo to pillion is a little higher and slightly further forward that the stock seat. The only reason I mention it is that, firstly you won't be able to fit a pillion seat cowl, and secondly, if you are a bit taller than average (I'm 6'4") then your normal riding position may be affected. I have to sit slightly further forward than I used to, at first it felt all wrong, but I soon got used to it.

As far as comfort goes, with my old seat, I used to long for the fuel light to come on so me and my bony backside could get off and do a bad impression of John Wayne, but now, I can do a tank full of fuel and actually be disappointed when I have to stop. A definite improvement, and for me money well spent. Oh, and I quite like the look of it too.
Did yours come with the carbon seat with the FTR logo in it? as that's also a change i would like to do (just for the bling factor over the black seat)

S2Davies

It's a textured finish up close, hopefully you can see from the pictures.

Attachments

• seat 1.jpg
    seat 1.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 12
  • seat 2.jpg
    seat 2.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 12

Maprow

Thanks for the detailed reply. I was aware that the cowl does not fit with the Comfort+ seat, but did not know about the altered riding position. However, at 5'7" I'm already sitting about as forward as I can get, so the benefits to the new seat look to be well worth it. I am going to order one today. Thanks again for your reply. Much appreciated.