Different than the normal cold start issues

irsh

My '23 takes a few tries to start when cold. It doesn't turn over as long as yours before it gives up each time though... with sort of a ricochet sound.

modrummer

OK got th3 Lloydz V6 tune installed. STILL have the cold start issues (cranks for a long time before starting). Once it starts it runs great. When it's warm it starts up normal, this is only if it sits for a day.

What else could cause this ?

Roddy

I've had a similar issue on a previous bike. For me it was a vacuum leak. While a crack in the hose wasn't visible replacing the hoses fixed the issue.

Roddy

The bike I had where it occurred wasn't an Indian and wasn't showing any error lights. The workshop manual mentioned trouble starting issues and the vacuum lines as a possible cause. I had tried a few things already that didn't work so decided to replace the lines out of desperation. After that the problem went away.
My assumption at the time was the cold start issue was caused by a crack in the line somewhere but once some heat was in the system things expanded and the problem reduced or went away completely.

OK got th3 Lloydz V6 tune installed. STILL have the cold start issues (cranks for a long time before starting). Once it starts it runs great. When it's warm it starts up normal, this is only if it sits for a day.

What else could cause this ?
I have same cold start issue. Never got it tuned. Never would start under 45 degrees. Didn't bother me much because don't ride if cold. Just got new battery. Same issue killed battery. Someone mentioned flipping ignition switch twice to prime fuel pump twice then completely press ignition. This has worked twice at 45 degrees. On vacation now, will check again when home.