DynoJet tune and it won't run/runs like crap

wilit

Curious if anyone ran into a similar issue. Got my S&S slip-on and PV3 from Fuel Moto, right before the 3-day weekend, so I thought I'd try out the canned DynoJet tunes they have on their website while I waited for Fuel Moto to get back with a tune. Thought it would be nice to compare the two tunes as well. Got the slip-on fitted and downloaded the info file from the ECU, uploaded it to DynoJet and got the tune numbers they recommended. They had one with stock exhaust and one with a slip-on, so the one with the slip-on is what I loaded. ECU flash went fine, no issues. After it was done, started it up, let it idle till it warmed up, blipped the throttle a few times and everything seemed fine. Took it out for it's maiden test ride today, fired it up just fine, idled great up to temp. Pulled out of my driveway, got to the end of the street and as I tried to pull away from the stop sign, it died. Thought maybe I stalled it, but when I tried to re-start it, it would fire up for a split second and shut right off. Took maybe 10-12 tries of trying to re-start it by cycling the key and kill switch. Eventually it fired up and I took it for a spin around the block. It was stuttering at low speed and didn't seem to run all that great. Made it home ok after a 1 mile test ride and pulled it into the garage. Tried to re-start it and it did the same thing, hard to re-start.

I got the tune from Fuel Moto yesterday, so I'm going to flash that to the ECU and see how it goes. But seems weird the DJ tune wouldn't work. Anyone else run into this issue?

Azamatka

The tune you got from Fuel Moto has to be adjusted. Contact them and most certainly thro will ask you to record a 10- minute ride with your pv3 in order for it to compile a file that you would send to fuel moto. They would base their new specifically tuned for your bike tune on the recorded info. This should fix your issue.

wilit

The tune you got from Fuel Moto has to be adjusted. Contact them and most certainly thro will ask you to record a 10- minute ride with your pv3 in order for it to compile a file that you would send to fuel moto. They would base their new specifically tuned for your bike tune on the recorded info. This should fix your issue.
The tune is from DynoJet, not Fuel Moto. Also, the bike won't start. Not sure how you'd go for a ride when it stalls and won't start.

Azamatka

...so I thought I'd try out the canned DynoJet tunes they have on their website while I waited for Fuel Moto to get back with a tune...

Right!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You will have to go back and fourth with fm.

But this is the main reason lloydz stopped using the pv for tuning and switched to an ecu flash. With the new software bikes it’s hit or miss if you can get them to run perfectly using it.

edgelett

The tune is from DynoJet, not Fuel Moto. Also, the bike won't start. Not sure how you'd go for a ride when it stalls and won't start.
the dynojet tunes are terrible, which is quite well known. no-one who uses one ever keeps it.
Get a tune built for your bike and setup as soon as you can - Lloydz are recommended, but if you've already bought a tune from FM then work with them to get your tune right.

irsh

Dynojet will sell the PV for bikes they don't even have a tune for. I've read posts from people who buy it not realizing that fact. Buyer beware.

When you buy the PV from Fuel Moto, they are the ones that provide a proper tune for you. Dynojet tunes, as others have pointed out, don't work. Put in the Fuel Moto tune and the bike should run fine.

If you aren't satisfied with the original tune, they will work with you until you are.

wilit

Update, I installed the FM tune and it's pretty close to perfect. Amazing how much better the bike feels now. Also amazing at how useless the DJ tune is. Yikes.

MacBayne

Rule of thumb....
"If it started before what I did, but it doesn't start now, what I did is the issue..."

That being said... a lot of what you say makes me think the battery voltage is low.