• Yes 5 year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes 4 year

• Yes 1 year

• Total voters

brad21

So I'm coming up on 1 year of ownership and got an offer in the mail from Indian today to extend the two-year factory warranty. Being that this is my first Indian I have really no idea if I might run into issues down the road... I think not based on my 5000 miles of riding it, but I thought I'd poll the inmates here to see what you think. It's not super cheap, but could be a good call if there's a major problem at some point.

On a side note, I'm super happy I got an extended warranty on my KTM 790 Adv R... :rolleyes:

www.protectmyindianmotorcycle.com

MrEd

Didn’t extend. Only 1 issue covered by warranty. I’m close to 15k miles. Throttle grip sensor- cheaper to buy the part then pay for service that may not be needed again. Place your bet where you like your best risk

D

Deleted member 706

My local dealer wasn't easy to deal with so I was glad to shot of the warranty.
So ask yourself what your dealer is like and then say no anyway 😂🤣

mark.lb

I extended my warranty 3 year primarily because the FTR-S-RR was a new model in 2019 and has the electronic touch screen. I may do the same for my 2022 Chief Bobber DH which also has a touchscreen Ride Command.

(Two years ago the touchscreen in my 2016 Cadillac XTS stopped working. It was replaced under my extended warranty by Cadillac. The part and labor approached $2000.00.)

Blue1

I think extended warranties are a big money-maker for the mfgs...never bought one myself, for anything.

OK, one time with my '08 335xi, but that was reasonably priced and included regular maintenance, no longer done by BMW to my knowledge.