Foot rests

SURLY

These arrived today Wunderkind jobs tried the Indian bear traps but could not get on with them these seem well made (german?) and even come with circlips to replace the wound wire ones on the bike which seem to be throw away jobs.

Attachments

• foot.JPG
    foot.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

Unruly Rider

These arrived today Wunderkind jobs tried the Indian bear traps but could not get on with them these seem well made (german?) and even come with circlips to replace the wound wire ones on the bike which seem to be throw away jobs.
Those look nice!

mark.lb

I also am not getting it. Is the purpose to move the location of the peg for a different seating position or did the stock peg not feel right under your boot. Maybe both?

JDP

I like the way the bike is set up from the factory but I saw this guy at the dealership that bought a FTR and rode it home and straight back to the dealership and said he has to let the bike go because the foot peg location was giving him cramps real bad, so they traded him for a big twin don’t know the model but it was a touring model, felt bad for him because he really liked the bike, he should have let someone relocate the pegs

SURLY

I also am not getting it. Is the purpose to move the location of the peg for a different seating position or did the stock peg not feel right under your boot. Maybe both?
The stock peg looks cheap and nasty I tried the Indian bear trap jobs (£230 ouch) but they snagged on my boots and messed up gear changes even after I filed all the sharp points off so went for these look better and work better thats reason enough for me.

K9F

Trial and error. With the Beartraps plus the Wunderkinds that amounts to quite a bit. Did you not consider buying another pair of boots instead? :ROFLMAO:

SURLY

Trial and error. With the Beartraps plus the Wunderkinds that amounts to quite a bit. Did you not consider buying another pair of boots instead? :ROFLMAO:
Yes I am a bit pissed off at the cost but I want the bike to feel right and now it does I did try other boots but they really hung onto both pairs I guess thats for off roading to keep your feet stuck on the rests but to me they just stopped me moving my feet to change gear I would be interested to hear what other users think about them I just found them horrible :oops:

K9F

Standard ones on the FTR I found are far superior quality to the standard round pegs on 5 of my last 6 bikes with the exception of my other 'keeper' the H-D.

Have you ridden with them yet, I’ve slipped off the standard pegs a couple of times, I’d like something that bites when I move around the bike, boots are either Alpinestars SMX1-R or Alpinestars Supertech R which have flat nearly smooth soles

mark.lb

The only thing I own that says Harley Davidson on it! ( I like old school motorcycle boots) The tread seems to work with the stock pegs very well.

Attachments

• 6236778D-5C5A-43FA-91CD-171C5ACECF5E.jpeg
    6236778D-5C5A-43FA-91CD-171C5ACECF5E.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 9

SURLY

Have you ridden with them yet, I’ve slipped off the standard pegs a couple of times, I’d like something that bites when I move around the bike, boots are either Alpinestars SMX1-R or Alpinestars Supertech R which have flat nearly smooth soles
I agree the stock ones are bit slippery but I just did not like the look the wunderkind jobs have teeth but let you foot move about for gear changes the beartraps do not I have been waiting for someone to say otherwise but no takers yet they are a lot cheaper than beartraps to.

SURLY

The only thing I own that says Harley Davidson on it! ( I like old school motorcycle boots) The tread seems to work with the stock pegs very well.
They look similar to my boots and they worked fine on stock rests just not on the beartraps tried smooth sole boots but still felt bad so changed.

SURLY

Yes have ridden the wunderkind and they seem grippy but not as restrictive as the beartraps.

SURLY

Sounds perfect, I’ll think I’ll order a set
You get a choice of black or silver finish and a choice of end cap colours I could not get the return springs back in so jammed o rings in between the pivots this means if i fold them up they stay up handy for getting in the garage also staying up made getting the prop stand down easy.