FTR 1200 Essential accessories

orcas

So, I have my bike for two weeks now, and these are the modifications/accessories I have installed, that I consider essential for my bike:
-quadlock bike mount with the wireless charging head. Perfect for gps usage with my iPhone
-endscuoio Italian leather Navajo bag. Easy install and perfect fit. I like to have at least a small bag so I can transport my wheel lock, gloves, etc...
Photos bellow

Attachments

• 6C49AEF8-7E94-4D52-B3D3-8FC331C5B976.jpeg
    6C49AEF8-7E94-4D52-B3D3-8FC331C5B976.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 137
  • BED037B1-1AB7-4E0D-9A05-710A77F7A180.jpeg
    BED037B1-1AB7-4E0D-9A05-710A77F7A180.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 136

orcas

First thing I replaced was this "State of the Art" standard license plate holder with a Corbin part.
Personaly i don't dislike the standard plate holder...i would love to have a lateral one but it's not allowed by law around here...Only drawback is no Wheelies for now...

mark.lb

I just ordered a small tail bag from Nelson Rigg. It is easy on and off using the passenger hand grabs on the seat. Big enough for a spare shirt, socks, water bottle, snack, etc. I will take a photo of it mounted when it arrives. (around $110.00 and free shipping)

Attachments

• 522E7459-86ED-4237-B399-BAB0E899E557.jpeg
    522E7459-86ED-4237-B399-BAB0E899E557.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 9126520E-D9C4-4E8C-9E4B-3B9559F47FB6.jpeg
    9126520E-D9C4-4E8C-9E4B-3B9559F47FB6.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 38

etrow

Apart from the looks (which is personal, I know), I hate the idea of having a few pounds of dead weight bolted to the far end of the swingarm...
I feel the same way. Just installed the SW Motech "Legend" bag on their SLC mount, which is a nice clean fit to the rear subframe (seat grab handle).

Apart from the looks (which is personal, I know), I hate the idea of having a few pounds of dead weight bolted to the far end of the swingarm...
I (personally) like the looks of the standard rear catcher. Anyone know what it weighs? I am thinking of making one out of aluminum tubing, probably 6061 T6 thin wall, to get rid of the "dead weight bolted to the far end of the swingarm..."

cupcake_mike

I (personally) like the looks of the standard rear catcher. Anyone know what it weighs? I am thinking of making one out of aluminum tubing, probably 6061 T6 thin wall, to get rid of the "dead weight bolted to the far end of the swingarm..."

3 or 4 lbs tops. The cat, stock muffler (not akros) and catcher weigh about 22lbs

DeplorableOne

Tail tidy, as others have said, and I like the Rokform cause I was able to get it at a bit of a discount and it's a well built piece. Finally mirrors. The stock mirrors are so ugly

I forgot rear spools too are essential in my book. Or you could use a different style rear stand, but for chain maintenance, etc spools and a good rear stand

Omohundro

So, I have my bike for two weeks now, and these are the modifications/accessories I have installed, that I consider essential for my bike:
-quadlock bike mount with the wireless charging head. Perfect for gps usage with my iPhone
-endscuoio Italian leather Navajo bag. Easy install and perfect fit. I like to have at least a small bag so I can transport my wheel lock, gloves, etc...
Photos bellow
On that Quadlock, you may want to get the anti-vibe deal they offer. I ran about 1500 miles with my IPhone on there and the camera took a crap. May be unrelated but it’s a pretty ridged mount.

Timps27

On that Quadlock, you may want to get the anti-vibe deal they offer. I ran about 1500 miles with my IPhone on there and the camera took a crap. May be unrelated but it’s a pretty ridged mount.

Ya, I opted not to heed the warnings and my camera took the brunt. All my pictures are warped and wavy now! The vibe damper feels pretty loose, I’m certain it will isolate the jarring effects and protect the phone, but it also kind of lost the “cool factor” of how rigid the mount is IMO.