FTR mods as promised

Obiratus

Hi there

As promised I wanna show you the modifications I made on my bike. I had to wait more than 2 months for parts from Italy. I give you a full parts list and then I would say let the pictures talk :)
  • Turn signals
    • back
      • Wunderkind (FTR product line)
    • front
      • Motogadget mo.blaze pin
      • Kellermann m8 30 mm adapter
  • Mirrors
    • Motogadget mo.view flight (glasless)
  • Chain guard
  • Front fender
    • Rizoma (FTR product line)
  • Radiator side flaps
  • Grips
    • Rizoma Grips Lux
  • Radiator guard
    • IRON OPTICS (FTR product line)
  • License plate holder
    • Rizoma outside street license plate support kit
    • Heinz Bikes slip-inn plate holder

Btw. most pictures were taken on a dam. I did a nice one day trip about 500 km where I conquered three mountain passes ( 1915 m, 2106 m and 2055 m above sea level). I live on 400 m a.s.l. Yeah, Switzerland is a nice place to ride!

Just ask if there are any questions :) I'm glad to help.

Obiratus

Thank you :)
For me the vision is ok (the price isn't). I don't think there is a big difference between normal mirrors and those. I love the fact that they look frameless. Well they actualy are. That I installed them downwards is bad for the vision... but now I got used to it.

Compared to my old mirrors they are not as good... My old setup were Moto Eleven. I think they were kinda convex. Absolutely great vision.

Now the fun fact: My old great Moto Eleven are illegal on the FTR, the new worse Motogadget are legal :ROFLMAO:
14.jpg

Ray Tsang

Hi there

As promised I wanna show you the modifications I made on my bike. I had to wait more than 2 months for parts from Italy. I give you a full parts list and then I would say let the pictures talk :)
  • Turn signals
    • back
    • front
      • Motogadget mo.blaze pin
      • Kellermann m8 30 mm adapter
  • Mirrors
    • Motogadget mo.view flight (glasless)
  • Chain guard
  • Front fender
  • Radiator side flaps
  • Grips
    • Rizoma Grips Lux
  • Radiator guard
    • IRON OPTICS (FTR product line)
  • License plate holder
    • Rizoma outside street license plate support kit
    • Heinz Bikes slip-inn plate holder

Btw. most pictures were taken on a dam. I did a nice one day trip about 500 km where I conquered three mountain passes ( 1915 m, 2106 m and 2055 m above sea level). I live on 400 m a.s.l. Yeah, Switzerland is a nice place to ride!

Just ask if there are any questions :) I'm glad to help.
Fantastic modification! I am working on my new bike now, wondering where did you get the Rizoma Grips Lux and the Chain Guard? They look great but I can't find them...
Thx

Obiratus

Fantastic modification! I am working on my new bike now, wondering where did you get the Rizoma Grips Lux and the Chain Guard? They look great but I can't find them...
Thx
Thanks!

The chain guard is from Wunderkind Custom (Germany). Among other nice parts you can find it here:

The Rizoma grips are a little bit more complicated. There is no FTR version available at the moment, which fits out of the box. It was a pain in the ass to made them fit...

Ray Tsang

Great to know about the grip...in that case I probably take a pass, although it looks so sharp with the gold! Will check out the Wunderkind shop.

Will share pictures after I finished this "project"

Obiratus

Looking forward to see it :)

About the grips: I meant there are no Rizoma Grips Lux for the FTR... I wanted to have them so I did the effort.

Ray Tsang

I see, so I assume it is doable but painful. I can have my garage try it! can you send me the link on where I can buy one? thanks

Obiratus

I see, so I assume it is doable but painful. I can have my garage try it! can you send me the link on where I can buy one? thanks

Well, it's hard to tell you where to buy. I bought them here in Switzerland. I guess for you there are way better options. Just google for "Rizoma LUX Ride By Wire".

And the next good question is which one to buy. There are several different versions. I went for RGRDW213ZTH01G. I have absolutely no idea if there would be a better option (less work to do).

The left side just fits fine on the 22 mm bar. For the right one I had to remove the insert (gas handle sleeve) from the grip, which was meant for a Triumph Speed Triple or Ducati Pangiale. Afterwards I had to increase the grips inner diameter and remove some material from the FTRs gas handle sleeve in order to decrease the diameter. Hell of a work until it finaly fit. And honestly, I was about to give up...

I hope this helps.

Obiratus

Aluminum, but sadly we cant get them in the states yet
The flaps and the front fender were the parts I was waiting for 2 months... I love the look. It was worth waiting for.

Now the flaps are on stock here so I guess production in Italy is going on again.

Obiratus

I just noticed that HeinzBikes makes site mounted plate holders specific for the FTR. I had to go down the expensive road and mix a Rizoma support kit with a HeinzBixes slip-inn holder.
If anyone in Europe is still looking for a nice solution. The quality of HeinzBikes products is excellent. I guess that's one reason why they're expensive af.

HeinBikes plate holder