Have you ever grinded/dragged pegs on FTR?

FTR London

Have you ever had your foot controls dragging on this FTR 1200?
No, my natural inclination is to hang off though. Knee down was effortless when I had the Conti RA IIs on. Great tyres - looked shite.

VID_20220323_130048153_exported_129913~10.jpg

Fuck me, I can't believe I still had those ridiculous stock grandad bars on in this photo.

I’ll refer you back to your last thread on the topic

https://www.ftr1200forums.com/threads/peg-feelers.1672/
yeh just stated a simple question cuz when i interacted in that thread my autistic moron i am didn't get many answers, nice of you to look up my original thread ty.

Do you have anything to add to this thread based on your experience? I know its pretty hefty experience as you've done a lot of mods adjustments and header dragging/heigh adjustments etc. Ty.

I guess the hard part for my brain to wrap around is all my other bikes just drag peg but my FTR TOCE header is all scuffed on one side and my peg snapped off the feeler in the smokies when I hit ruptured pavement drop or something (dunno didn't feel it). Just trying to figure out why my FTR has no lean limit indicator, akin to my dirtbikes and ADV bikes, it can just go too far and its that simple?

What got me thinking about all this was being on banked turns with ruptured pavement and I did finally manage to scuff my header side peg just due to absolutely no discernable reason (X factor was the pavement I hit I guess) w/out sledding on my header.

But apparently having diagrams, parts, multiple orders with Jason and over 26 emails discussing these controls/adjustments/replacement parts, plus pictures of my scuffed peg is "bogus" as it was called in the other thread. Dunno what is up w/that so Just want to ask a simple question for a simple answer since peoples brains apparently overheat if I start talking.

I do try to stay off the forums as much as possible but this confusion on the FTR is just nagging me to death, not sure what my goal is. I think it might be to put on longer peg feelers ultimately. Obsessions, am i right?

Last edited:

Max Kool

With “skrrrrt” I meant grinding the header, no chaos luckily.

Since then I changed the suspension on my bike with a shock that has ride height adjustment. And slid the forks down as far as possible.

MacBayne

I've had my bike at max lean hundreds of times on track days... on the tires and springs that came on the bike... I was 260 at the time.

View attachment 93779472-DSC08429.JPG

Max lean is 43 degrees

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-ca/ftr-motorcycles/ftr-r-carbon/specs/

at max lean, if you go over any sizeable bump or "whoop" in a turn, it could/will shift your bike by dragging the shifter or drag your header.

If you ride too close to the curbing on-track, you will scrape your cans.

Raising your pegs to get ground clearance is nigh-on ineffective past 45 degrees.

To stop dragging, you will need to do many of the mods the FTR racing series do. New header, high-mount exhaust, raised pegs(it does help a little), and SHORTER pegs.

20220816_190216.jpg

JetJock

Just remember to pick up your feet. I forgot up at the TOD on my KTM Supermoto and my boot caught the pavement and spiral fractured my tibia/fibula in a blink of an eye. Airlift, rod/screws. Didn’t even fall. Getting off a bike with a broken leg is…challenging. Been 7 months. Rough recovery. Still not back to normal. Worst day of my life. Selling my FTR RR and KTM was the second.
If it were just me I’d probably would have kept the FTR (my forever bike…so I thought) but my family said we like you around. And I’m too old
to do this recovery again. Be safe out there and know I envy you guys when you go by. IMG_1488.jpegIMG_0235.jpegIMG_6547.jpeg