Heated Grips

Bomverh69

A very boring Modification i know but living in the UK i need them.

Anyway i stumped up for the factory option heated grips very expensive compared to aftermarket options!
Very nice quality and much thicker than standard ones, The right hand grip comes as a whole unit so its just case of swapping the entire throttle assemble over. The left side you have to glue the new grip on.

They have 3 settings with the button built into the left grip, Low (green not sure they are on setting) medium (amber can feel the heat but) High (Red nice and hot).

I think in the UK you're mainly going to use the hottest option (i hate having cold hands though!)

Are they worth it? only if you ride in colder weather a lot and want the wiring kept of the battery, others wise buy a cheaper alternative.

The power for the heated grips is just behind the headlight taped to the main harness.

holli

hello,

as i'm located in austria - we have some colder weather as well - but not so much rain **gg** - i bought my ftr with the heating grips (indian) already installed
if no light is showing (they are off) - if green/yellow light (mode 1) - is on - very low heat but nice for the morning/afternoons on colder summer days - i hardly use mode 3 (red) as this is really hot - most of the time mode 2 is enough (amber) - i do not have any comparison - but for me - they were worth the extra costs...
PS: i use the bike from April till November only - because of snow and salt on the roads...

Staedtler

I have the Indian heated grips and find that the hottest setting is only good down to around 8c, though I guess it depends on how thick your gloves are on the palms to allow the heat through.
I have Oxford grips on aother bike and they go much hotter, but then they don't have to worry about making sure your bike can cope with the load...

Indian have to make theirs to make sure the charging system is good enough when all loads are applied to it.

kiwi dave

I Fitted Koso Apollo heated grips (from Revzilla). They draw 2.55 amps max @ 14.2 volt motor running. No problems with load on electrical system,