Hello from Derbyshire

S2Davies

Just for the record, K9F is a jolly nice chap as well, it was very cool to meet up. I thought I'd join in with the plate shots.....sorry got a bit arty :D

1602064498581.png

Reactions: K9F

storm42

When I get the bike on the bench for its oil change I will look into making something but nice to know whats out there.

fugz

I made my own.

Still have the cardboard template if your interested. I made it out of 2mm steel, bent it, and sprayed it black.

Comes in 3 pieces2019-11-030.jpg
2019-11-021.jpg

BoomBoom

Cheers from Indiana, USA! Man those plates are HUGE! I would love to take my bike over there for a trip! I went to the 75th D-Day anniversary and thought how awesome it would be to ride there!

S2Davies

I took my 1944 Military Matchless over for the 70th D-Day anniversary and it was great. Not just the rides but the people are genuinely lovely.
The picture was taken on the isle of Man, another destination well worth a visit.

Attachments

• Matchless low res (2 of 2).jpg
    Matchless low res (2 of 2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Massimo

I took my 1944 Military Matchless over for the 70th D-Day anniversary and it was great. Not just the rides but the people are genuinely lovely.
The picture was taken on the isle of Man, another destination well worth a visit.
Beautiful bike ! I have a G80 from 1951 !

storm42

Nice one storm42! All we need now is the T and a V we'll have August 1998 through to February 2001 totally covered.

View attachment 2107

Bugger, turns out the plate place I ordered the S12 plate from didn't own it, it is on an FTR already, the only 12 plate left with the DVLA was N12 so that is what I have. It was £20 cheaper from the Gov and Carole Nash only charged £17.50 to change the insurance.

cheekykevUK

Hi, Picked my FTR up yesterday, so all this damp weather we are having just now is my fault, sorry.
Hi, and welcome, I'm just over the hills from you near Glossop.
Glad I've finally found an owner not too far away from me, hopefully we'll be able to meet up on a ride some day, when the weather gets better of course.
We all seem to like the private plates on here, I managed to get this for mine.
MY69
FTR
I have also made my own tail tidy, incorporating the original indicators, I will be posting up some pictures when I get chance.

cheekykevUK

Hi Kev, I often ride out your way and around the dales, be good to meet up.
Yeah, sounds good to me, I'll try and find a way of messaging you so we can exchange phone nbrs, don't want to put it on the open forum.
Just as a matter of interest, why is you're forum name Storm42, it's just that I've got a Honda VTR1000 FireStorm, and just thought you might have one too.