Hello from Lancashire

S2Davies

Hi all
Already took delivery of my FTR s mid December same as a few of you Guys didn't even test ride it but knew had to have it , only been out a few times it's a beast for sure looking forward to getting some miles on the clock great forum thanks

I'm glad you owned up to not even having a test ride because…..me too! I first saw one on a Henry Cole program where he visited Chris Walker's dealership in Grantham. Then I was traveling up the M6 and saw that there was a dealer in Orrell Post. The FTR1200s they had was sold, so I couldn't touch it but I was hooked.
in the end, I found one in Burry St.Edmunds at Krazy Horse, what a great place that is. Anyway, long story short, Henry Cole has cost me a fortune!

Indi Ian

I'm glad you owned up to not even having a test ride because…..me too! I first saw one on a Henry Cole program where he visited Chris Walker's dealership in Grantham. Then I was traveling up the M6 and saw that there was a dealer in Orrell Post. The FTR1200s they had was sold, so I couldn't touch it but I was hooked.
in the end, I found one in Burry St.Edmunds at Krazy Horse, what a great place that is. Anyway, long story short, Henry Cole has cost me a fortune!

Which colour did you go for ?

Unruly Rider

Thanks just looked at your YouTube we have the same taste when choosing the colour (y)

IMO the titanium metallic over thunder black pearl looks the most refined of the paint options offered for the FTR1200S. But I have been thinking of picking up a set of primered factory air-box covers and having them done up in a nice silver metallic paint with thunder black pearl decals. It would look killer with a custom Saddlemen seat done in a tobacco-brown distressed leather.

Reactions: K9F

K9F

They had demonstrators last year shipped over from the USA that got moved from dealership to dealership but they were for show only, not riding. On the official launch day of the FTR at my local dealership he had already sold 13 of his allocation of 16 models before the launch began. Many people committed to buying without test rides and quite a few sold their allocation on due to the long wait. Plenty around in the showrooms now!