How much do you really gain by deleting the cat, etc?

broncoguy27

Was wondering how much performance gains you get by deleting the cat and removing the baffles from the exhaust. I'm not looking to squeeze every erg of power I can out of the bike, but I'm always interested to see how it works.

Breto

Not sure on paper as far as performance goes but on my 19 I ran the naked rider cat delete with the standard acros, baffle in with three different FM tunes and the difference was exceptional over standard. The biggest plus for me was getting rid of the barbq that was toasting and roasting my legs. That made a huge difference with comfort I’ll tell ya. But now I run the Toce low Mount and there is no issue what so ever. 👍😎

Max Kool

If performance is your goal, leave the cat. Removing it doesn’t give any real performance gains (you’re actually losing a bit of midrange). Removing the cat is more a weight/optics/sound choice. Most of all, get a tune for that peanutbuttercreamy throttle control.

Or, if you really want the best performance, get a Toce full system & tune.

broncoguy27

I'm not really looking for more performance out of the bike, it's going to be faster than I can safely ride anyway. I'm going to buy a tune to smooth out the throttle. I'll probably find an excuse to replace the stock tires soon too.
Thank you