how to remove stock footpeg

edgelett

So i munted my rear brake pedal, and a kind soul sent me a whole replacement rearset (yay!).
but they removed the footpeg, which means I need to swap mine off my old rearset and on to the new one (boo)

We can't work out how to remove it.
any tips?
I need to retain all the bits for the new rearset.

Cheers!

K9F

So i munted.........We can't work out how to remove it.
any tips?

Cheers!

Did chuckle....not a good idea working on the bike under the influence of drugs or alcohol. No wonder you couldn't work out how to remove it. If you have the misfortune of dropping it again and damage any of the paneling you know where to come! :cool:

munted
[ˈmʌntɪd]

ADJECTIVE
  1. BRITISH
    AUSTRALIAN
    NEW ZEALAND
    informal
    under the influence or alcohol or drugs.
    "they have constant issues with drivers turning up munted"
    synonyms:
    intoxicated · inebriated · drunken · befuddled · incapable · tipsy ·

Melly

Question for you guys . the spring that's in the foot peg ? I took the foot pegs off and i can see where the spring locates in the the Foot peg hanger frame but cant see where it fits in the foot peg itself . after reinstalling the foot peg it now wants to lift up and not sit flat anyone able to give some advice please

acrws

Hey it’s been a minute since this thread, but just wanted to hop on and say THANK YOU for the dental tools tip. I had been putting off installing my RSD foot pegs for months because every time I tried to fiddle with the retaining ring (or “demon hell clip” as I saw another thread accurately call it), I just came away with sore fingers and a bad temper.

Dental tools also helped me keep the damn stupid spring in place during reinstall (although using them this way bent the hell out of one, be warned). Would it have killed them to have machined a slight channel for the spring end into the foot pegs? Cripes.