Jekyll & Hyde is out

edgelett

Thanks! Had a bit of a look and it converts the cost of everything in real time to Aussie dollars for me.
$3000 for a slip on which doesn’t remove the cat is a bit much haha!
it looks good though.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah I’m not sure why they would make this system with the cat. As the db levels even if you completely remove the muffler and leave the cat aren’t that high.

Kinda of wish my current exhaust had this valve, with no cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Kool

I would expect a tune for this exhaust will be interesting and a compromise in all positions except for the position it was tuned for...

Murdock

ferraiolo, they do so because there is no chance to run it street legal in Europe without the cat due to emission and tax laws. This would reduce the selling. And the EU type approval makes it that expensive :-( . But for anyone else ... why not using one of the available decat adapters and get a map tune from one of the known tuners?

My local dealer is listed as a re-seller on their webpage so I am curious if he will put it on one of his bikes. If not, Jekyil & Hide Netherlands is not too far away from me and maybe worth a short trip next summer :) . I am curious for a live soundcheck.

On my Buell, I had the stock exhaust that comes with an adjustable exhaust that opens automatically only on higher revs. And it also has an integrated cat. I installed a switch to keep the exhaust throttle pemanently open (yes, illegal :cool:) and that has improved the sound decently but recognizable.

Last edited:

K9F

For those that don’t have to endure the strict emissions and TUV rules of some European countries the Dr Jekill and Mr Hyde exhaust are realistically not worth the eye wateringly expensive price and are just a gimmick just for the sake of altering the emitted sound volume at the flick of a switch. The FTR perhaps benefits the fitting of these in these strict countries as they are not allowed to remove the cat in the first place but only for sound and nothing else?
In the UK certain areas are currently trialling cameras that will take a photograph if you exceed a certain decibel level with your car or motorcycle. If legislation is changed whereupon you are fined and/or receive points on your licence if caught I will need to rethink the Vance and Hines on my other bike and ‘may’ consider a set of these as even with the valve open they still meet noise emissions with a cat fitted. They are top quality and very well made. I saw their stand at the Hamburg Harley Festival last year and was quite impressed.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I meant, the exhaust db level with the muffler completely removed isn’t overly loud if the cat is still installed. So even with the valve open it wouldn’t be that loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk