Lets see your Riding Gear

D

Deleted member 192

Much of a person's personality can be read by their jacket, helmet etc. Figured we can check out each other's gear. This thread we can show and discuss boots, gloves and even neck gators. How bout some rain gear. Let's see it folks.

Unruly Rider

Simpson Outlaw helmet with Iridium colored visor, leather vest, Dixxon flannel.
Waynes Drive In.jpg

As for gloves I am changing up about every 3-6 months... still haven't found the perfect winter glove that offers good dexterity yet will keep your hands somewhat warm. During the summer I often ride with MX style gloves.

mark.lb

My Indian riding gear..Jacket has zip in/out lining for cooler weather. Sena 20S EVO on helmet....

Attachments

• 92229BE1-3616-4F0A-8C7F-8FB78443FD2B.jpeg
    92229BE1-3616-4F0A-8C7F-8FB78443FD2B.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 0F1FCB61-D561-47B6-8240-25AE366D69DA.jpeg
    0F1FCB61-D561-47B6-8240-25AE366D69DA.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 10

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
For when I want to have fun and get a knee down I have a old school shift racing suit. with sidi full boots

for leisure riding, fly mesh jacket, John Doe Kevlar jeans, and dainese dyno pro shoes.

and a shoei gt air helmet with icon pursuit gloves.

Attachments

• 26319F24-2123-4244-B112-6071B3F7AB75.jpeg
    26319F24-2123-4244-B112-6071B3F7AB75.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 13

Unruly Rider

For when I want to have fun and get a knee down I have a old school shift racing suit. with sidi full boots

for leisure riding, fly mesh jacket, John Doe Kevlar jeans, and dainese dyno pro shoes.

and a shoei gt air helmet with icon pursuit gloves.
I need to save up my $$$ for some decent riding gear... here I've been riding for over 10 years and still don't have most of this stuff. I'll have to look into the kevlar jeans and ridingboots/shoes for sure!

Max Kool

Protip: figure out the size you wear, and try to find it second hand. That's how I got the above one piece suit for 600 bucks.... my Dainese Axial D1 boots for $120.- , and a back protector for 60 bucks.

So many people that buy motorcycle gear and hardly wear it. 😀

Max Kool

Wish I could find one that fits me... I've been to four different Indian dealerships and they only had 2XL, etc. Can't seem to find them online anymore either.
Yeah, I bought it two years ago with 50% discount, when it went out of production. And (as usual with Indian apparel), they fall one or two sizes bigger than what's on the label. I'm 5'10"/180 and wear a medium that fits me loose...

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah my shoei was $350 (700), dainese shoes $140 (300) , sidi boots $100 (250), shift suit $175 (600), kevlar jeans $50 (275), fly jacket $50 (100), gloves i just buy new as they are the only touch screen gloves that work perfect.

But all the stuff i bought was the price i paid vs retail, you just have to creep store and websites during the offseason. Some of it was worn once, or new without tags, or just last years inventory. \

The jeans and shoes were just ebay actions i won last week.

And i like the indian jackets, but they are more fashion symbols than actual functionality/protection for the price

Max Kool

This Indian jacket of mine is the exception actually. Protection in elbows, shoulder, and a pocket for a back protector (I still had one laying around). Removable liner, 6 zippers for ventilation front and rear, flexible panels under the arms and behind the shoulders. Paid 250 bucks.

I personally think the timing for this jacker was too early. They stopped production before the FTR was released.

edgelett

I really really wanted an Indian leather jacket when I got my $2k worth of accessories. But they didn’t make a ladies cut. And the men’s cuts looked weird on me.

I’ll take a pic of my gear when I get home from camping.

Unruly Rider

Looked not available BLOCLOSK
You will only find them second-hand... they haven't been manufactured in over 2 years. I've already been checking CraigsList, eBay, etc. Haven't been fortunate enough to find a medium, saw a 4XL - gave me a good laugh.

Max Kool

I initially bought the XL, which was waaay too large for me (even being 210lbs back then). I’m under 180lbs now, so guess...