Mirrors

rhledge

There are a few things that I already want to change on my day-old FTR S RR. First and foremost is the mirrors, in which I get an excellent view of my elbows. Does anybody have a line on good replacements? I'm not a huge fan of bar-end mirrors, so probably looking for something with a longer stem that mounts in the Indian mounts.

JDP

I heated up the stem and bent them down just a little and I can see everything behind me now and plus the mirrors aren’t looking like Mickey Mouse ears

D

Deleted member 706

Years ago a friend in NZ used a dentist's mirror on his Commando. A cop pulled him over thinking he had no mirror but soon realised that he didn't look back when he pulled over. Clearly the mirror was functional and there was no lower size limit in the legislation...
I got some after market mirrors for another bike which incorporate a wide angle fisheye mirror, I like them.

Charliemurphay

I’ve heard good things about the Rizoma stem mirrors that are an option from Indian. They have joints in the stems for vertical adjustability so you can move them around a bit more and see what works for you.

MilwDave

I’ve heard good things about the Rizoma stem mirrors that are an option from Indian. They have joints in the stems for vertical adjustability so you can move them around a bit more and see what works for you.

I found the OEM mirrors to be worthless as well. I bought RSD Rizoma mirrors and can now get a clear view of my blind spot and a decent view behind.
Not cheap but very well made and rock solid.

For those that like or don’t mind the stock mirror style but just can’t see anything , try mirror extenders.
I use mirror extenders on most of my motorcycles. They’re only $10 and they bring the mirrors up and out to see past your elbows and shoulders. They even make an FTR logoed one, but that one is about $25.

Attachments

• BAA8AB94-9031-488B-BAEA-341A132C39F9.jpeg
    BAA8AB94-9031-488B-BAEA-341A132C39F9.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 30

K9F

The Motogadet mirrors look really nice. I like the "Glassless" design.

Keep us posted on how they work.

Bar ends are great. Took a bit of getting used to as I had never had them before. Sliding your hands off and on the bars are no longer a possibility. But the aesthetics and functionality of the glassless bar ends are for me great. The bar end indicators also take some getting used to especially at night. They are a bit 'in your face bright as hell' fine in the day though.