Missing after service

M9Carbon22

Hi All,

I recently had a parts update at a shop. They put on a new rear set and handlebar. After I left the shop I noticed the left side frame slider missing. Not only that but the bolt holding the frame to whatever is behind it.

How dangerous is riding this. How Karen mode should I be going on them for removing it?

Attachments

• 20230928_132121.jpg
    20230928_132121.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • received_220228354383809.jpeg
    received_220228354383809.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 11
  • received_993706588553060.jpeg
    received_993706588553060.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 11

Breto

Hi All,

I recently had a parts update at a shop. They put on a new rear set and handlebar. After I left the shop I noticed the left side frame slider missing. Not only that but the bolt holding the frame to whatever is behind it.

How dangerous is riding this. How Karen mode should I be going on them for removing it?
Wow that’s quite remiss man. Yeah I’d be contacting them straight up mate.

M9Carbon22

I have started the conversation. They seem to believe "it fell off on the road" but seeing as they did both the job of applying my frame slider and the job just recently it doesn't matter. Kind or a dick move to pretend though.

Breto

I have started the conversation. They seem to believe "it fell off on the road" but seeing as they did both the job of applying my frame slider and the job just recently it doesn't matter. Kind or a dick move to pretend though.
Well if it was done by them and it fell off then it’s on them man. I’d be pushing that. They have to warrant their work. If it wasn’t done up to torque spec then I’m not surprised it fell out. Push it mate.

Charliemurphay

Yea…..I’d be upset. Why is it difficult, even if it isn’t’t your shops fault to just generate some goodwill and fix it (it’s an easy fix at that) anyways instead of going “Ope, well it wasn’t us!” 🙄

This is why I do the work myself, have nobody else to be mad at if something does go wrong and I’m pretty sure I care more about my bike than the shop does.

M9Carbon22

I think this is a turning point for taking my bike to this place. Unfortunately its the only one within my city. Next is 3 hours away. Honestly the 3 hour away one looks like it might be the plan though. My choices now are Ironheart Garage in Penrith or MCAs in Auburn/Penrith. I will get the parts put back on and never go back to this current place.

M9Carbon22

Not over, the bike shop refuse to admit fault and do not have the parts in stock to replace. No idea if they will try to charge me for it yet. Going in tomorrow to have them put a bolt back in temporarily. I asked them to look at their security cams. The guy hemmed and hawed about that. Shall see and keep you all up to date. I would be interested to know who audits these places.

Breto

Not over, the bike shop refuse to admit fault and do not have the parts in stock to replace. No idea if they will try to charge me for it yet. Going in tomorrow to have them put a bolt back in temporarily. I asked them to look at their security cams. The guy hemmed and hawed about that. Shall see and keep you all up to date. I would be interested to know who audits these places.
That’s crap. I’m calling bullshit on that dealer mate. They are responsible for your bike. They have to warrant their work. You didn’t remove that bolt they did. Or are they now saying they didn’t touch it? Sux balls if you ask me. And umming and ahhing about looking at their footage smells like cover up as well.