New Member in UK.

cheekykevUK

Hi all, as titled I'm new to this forum, based in the UK, I bought an Indian FTR 1200s in November, unfortunately the English weather has not allowed me to get out on it much, although I have managed to do some of the running in procedure, and covered just over 400 miles on it, so it will be having the 500 mile service pretty soon.
I'm a big VTwin lover, I have two VTR FireStorms (Super Hawk in US) and a VTR SP2 Colin Edwards Laguna Seca/ Castrol Honda rep, I also have a BMW R80 which a rebuilt myself into a Cafe Racer, using as many as the original parts as possible ie as the saying goes built not bought.
Anyway my story is.
I've been riding motorcycles for 44 years, for the last 2 years I was looking for something different, I test rode many different bikes by many different manufactures, all of which were formidable machines, but they just didn't hit the spot for me, then the FTR came out, I had a test ride on one and I was smitten, so for my 60th Birthday in September I bought one.
They're not perfect by no means, but bloody good fun to ride.
A few things that I found to be a pain, and still do is, filling the tank, it takes for ever, runs awful at low revs unless you let it run for a couple of minutes before setting off, side stand hard to reach, and the most stupid place to put the battery and reg rec, apart from that it's still a great bike to ride.
I'm an engineer, so I've fitted a home made tail tidy and rear mud catcher made out of Aluminium and powder coated, I'll post some pictures up when I find out how, I'm now in the process of designing and making a lower fender to protect the Battery compartment, I've also just recently changed the amber indicators to clear ones.
Hope I'll be able to find some knowledgeable/helpful people on here.

K9F

In before the remapping advocators arrive! Get ready...…...😁

Welcome to the forum also from the UK.

SURLY

Hi all, as titled I'm new to this forum, based in the UK, I bought an Indian FTR 1200s in November, unfortunately the English weather has not allowed me to get out on it much, although I have managed to do some of the running in procedure, and covered just over 400 miles on it, so it will be having the 500 mile service pretty soon.
I'm a big VTwin lover, I have two VTR FireStorms (Super Hawk in US) and a VTR SP2 Colin Edwards Laguna Seca/ Castrol Honda rep, I also have a BMW R80 which a rebuilt myself into a Cafe Racer, using as many as the original parts as possible ie as the saying goes built not bought.
Anyway my story is.
I've been riding motorcycles for 44 years, for the last 2 years I was looking for something different, I test rode many different bikes by many different manufactures, all of which were formidable machines, but they just didn't hit the spot for me, then the FTR came out, I had a test ride on one and I was smitten, so for my 60th Birthday in September I bought one.
They're not perfect by no means, but bloody good fun to ride.
A few things that I found to be a pain, and still do is, filling the tank, it takes for ever, runs awful at low revs unless you let it run for a couple of minutes before setting off, side stand hard to reach, and the most stupid place to put the battery and reg rec, apart from that it's still a great bike to ride.
I'm an engineer, so I've fitted a home made tail tidy and rear mud catcher made out of Aluminium and powder coated, I'll post some pictures up when I find out how, I'm now in the process of designing and making a lower fender to protect the Battery compartment, I've also just recently changed the amber indicators to clear ones.
Hope I'll be able to find some knowledgeable/helpful people on here.
I found the prop stand akward to so I clamped an allan bolt to it with two cable clamps theres a pic of it in a post called prop stand. Its in general discussion.

Murdock

Welcome to the forum from Germany, where the weather is great ... for sitting on the sofa and have tea. Only 60 kilometers on the FTR clock ...🤦‍♂️

S2Davies

Welcome to the forum from another new member. My new FTR is being delivered tomorrow morning...……...role on the inevitable snowy weather!

K9F

Here in sunny Northamptonshire it's great too!

What you doing on here then? Thought today is the day you get your new FTR delivered? Are you getting it delivered to your home? If not go pester the dealer! You'll not be riding it with storm Dennis on it's way.

(y)

S2Davies

Oh my word!!!! She just arrived in the Krazy Horse delivery van and words like "wow" and "happy" are not quite up to the job. I'm completely blown away. Went for a quick 10 mile run what a blast. It did want to be warmed up a bit before it behaved itself, but hey don't we all :)
Now a
ll I have to do is finish cleaning the crap out of the garage so she can look cool in there as well.