New to Indian from Dalian ,LN, China

Hey there and just want to say hello to the members and I just purchased a stock leftover Indian FTR Carbon R with a fair price. The bike runs exceptionally well as i had to ride it back home over 400KM from the dealer and most importantly, it looks killer,too!

Used to be a Harley rider and have to say that , with this bike, Indian definitely changed the stereotypes of American cruiser. Yes I know it's supposed to be a sporty naked sprinkled with European power parts and an American muscle engine, but hey it's got original Indian logo and weighs over 220kg so to me it's a cruiser ;) here goes the pic with my KTM 390 (just got it so the Indian's still bone stock).

ktmIndian.jpeg

K1000

Site Supporter
Welcome!

When you say, "leftover", you probaby mean a 2022 model, seeing as it still has the large screen.

Wow, all the way from China! I am fascinated by where people are from in this Forum, so I have looked up Dalian, Liaoning. It's a peninsula with several large cities, but also a number of green hilly areas in between (at least that's what it looks like on Google Maps). Do you have some nice roads close to where you live?

BTW, to me the FTR is a cruiser, too. When non-bikers ask me what kind of motorcycle it is, I always say "It's a cruiser for people who don't like cruisers" 😄

Last edited:
Welcome!

When you say, "leftover", you probaby mean a 2022 model, seeing as it still has the large screen.

Wow, all the way from China! I am fascinated by where people are from in this Forum, so I have looked up Dalian, Liaoning. It's a peninsula with several large cities, but also a number of green hilly areas in between (at least that's what it looks like on Google Maps). Do you have some nice roads close to where you live?

BTW, to me the FTR is a cruiser, too. When non-bikers ask me what kind of motorcycle it is, I always say "It's a cruiser for people who don't like cruisers" 😄
yep we do have some roads by the coast where you can grind your pegs pretty hard!and yes by leftover i mean its 2022 model i picked up in 2024😃