Pics of you Baby

mark.lb

I used a Stripe-It-All tool and Scotchcal Striping Tape (1/4 inch). The tool can be purchased online and there are some excellent videos to show you how to use it. The tool allows the instillation of 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 inch stripes. It is adjustable so you can choose where on the rim you want to place the stripe. It is definitely a two man job if you do not remove the wheels from the bike. I used jack stands on the front and rear. One person applies the strip with the tool and the other slowly spins the tire as the stripe is applied. It takes some practice to get it right. I chose white stripes to pick up the white in the faux tank. The tool can also easily be used on automobile rims as well.
The rims must be very clean and grease free (rear) for the stripe to adhere properly.....

Attachments

• 220604BC-45A1-42F4-9070-B6E27A6FB93F.jpeg
    220604BC-45A1-42F4-9070-B6E27A6FB93F.jpeg
    345.9 KB · Views: 33

Unruly Rider

I used a Stripe-It-All tool and Scotchcal Striping Tape (1/4 inch). The tool can be purchased online and there are some excellent videos to show you how to use it. The tool allows the instillation of 1/8, 1/4, 3/8 inch stripes. It is adjustable so you can choose where on the rim you want to place the stripe. It is definitely a two man job if you do not remove the wheels from the bike. I used jack stands on the front and rear. One person applies the strip with the tool and the other slowly spins the tire as the stripe is applied. It takes some practice to get it right. I chose white stripes to pick up the white in the faux tank. The tool can also easily be used on automobile rims as well.
The rims must be very clean and grease free (rear) for the stripe to adhere properly.....
@MikieG9596 This is that wheel striping tape you were interested in.

59Belair

A day at the Dragon

Attachments

• 20200503_133846.jpg
    20200503_133846.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 17051.jpeg
    17051.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 17043.jpeg
    17043.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 17044.jpeg
    17044.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 38

mark.lb

We have a place 2 miles from my house called Coconut Joe’s Tiki Bar. Thursday night is bike night. Friday night is a car cruise. Saturday and Sunday they feature live bands starting at 3:00pm. On a sunny summer weekend there could be 200-400 bikes in the parking lot. Here is my Indian sitting in a sea of Harleys! (I hope Coronavirus does not kill the fun this summer. It has become a destination ride. People come from all over to hang at Tiki Bar.)

Attachments

• BF0A4B23-01C4-453D-B48C-F6DABCEB3358.jpeg
    BF0A4B23-01C4-453D-B48C-F6DABCEB3358.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 132F6900-5992-4505-AA80-EC5EAE9805F2.jpeg
    132F6900-5992-4505-AA80-EC5EAE9805F2.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 868DBB59-8450-4717-A1FD-9DA155DFC611.jpeg
    868DBB59-8450-4717-A1FD-9DA155DFC611.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 411255F8-D2F4-43F9-8CC6-364B8BC611BF.jpeg
    411255F8-D2F4-43F9-8CC6-364B8BC611BF.jpeg
    431.9 KB · Views: 17

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Only a 5hr ride for me! im sure i can make it lol

And its pretty much that way anywhere, when i was at OCMD bike week last year, mine was the only one i saw all week

59Belair

I'm 61 years old 225lbs I rode 400 miles the day I went to the dragon.
I didn't have any issues, It helps when you have to stop every 100 mi for gas.
I am an IRON BUTT rider I did 1000mi in 16hrs48min on a Buell back in the day !
I get a kick out of guys that complain about the FTR, the exhaust is hot, the gas tank is too small blablabla you didn't buy a goldwing lol

Attachments

• 125483.jpg
    125483.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 125460.jpg
    125460.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 125458.jpg
    125458.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 14

SURLY

We have a place 2 miles from my house called Coconut Joe’s Tiki Bar. Thursday night is bike night. Friday night is a car cruise. Saturday and Sunday they feature live bands starting at 3:00pm. On a sunny summer weekend there could be 200-400 bikes in the parking lot. Here is my Indian sitting in a sea of Harleys! (I hope Coronavirus does not kill the fun this summer. It has become a destination ride. People come from all over to hang at Tiki Bar.)
Jealous.

mark.lb

Very nice...my son-in-law J has a 2019 MT09 and my son-in-law M has a 2017 FJ09. Love the sound the 3 cylinder Yamahas make. I never heard the MT10 sound. I assume the in line 4 makes significantly more power than the triples.
By the way - What happened to the Indian? Did you get tired of it?

Unruly Rider

Very nice...my son-in-law J has a 2019 MT09 and my son-in-law M has a 2017 FJ09. Love the sound the 3 cylinder Yamahas make. I never heard the MT10 sound. I assume the in line 4 makes significantly more power than the triples.
By the way - What happened to the Indian? Did you get tired of it?
Had a violent tank slapper on the FTR last Monday on my 100-mile commute to work. Was riding at 80mph with cruise control set, kinda leaned over the tank... right hand on the throttle and left arm over the top of the tank. Hit a rough section of interstate which caused the bars to shake back and forth a bit. Before I could disengage cruise control or get my left hand back to the bars the slight head-shake turned into a full fledged tank slapper from lock to lock (worst I've ever had in 15+ years of riding). Lasted almost 10 seconds before settling back down, and I'm still amazed it didn't throw me or go down. I pulled over on the side of I44 and checked the bike out. Forks smacked the radiator (small ding in right fork, ruined finish) and the powder-coating was peeling off the frame at the fork locks.

My wrist was hyper extended backwards and at that point I was feeling a shooting pain from my wrist to my elbow along with numb fingers. Had my wife come pick me up and a friend limped the FTR back to the house. Went to local urgent care facility and got checked out, bruising and sprained. Got back to the house and checked the tire pressure, tread wear, rear axle alignment, etc. Only thing I didn't check was the fall-away of the forks and the neck bearings. I had been looking at Yamaha MT10's before purchasing the FTR1200 S... naturally I went to "LOOK" at one they had locally and was after a few hours of haggling back and forth on the deal - we came to an agreement.

K9F

Unclear Unruly was the FTR part of the deal? If so I'll miss your postings.....^^^If anyone was going to trade the FTR my money would have been on Ferraiolo 1, the 'modus operandum' being buy and throw as many aftermarket parts at your FTR as you can in the shortest amount of time, ditch them and start again. No offence meant or implied Ferraiolo but I'll take the Toce exhaust system off you in 6 days time if you're looking to get shot now I've finally committed to a PV3 the fit would be doable for me?

:ROFLMAO:(y)

Unruly Rider

Unclear Unruly was the FTR part of the deal? If so I'll miss your postings.....^^^If anyone was going to trade the FTR my money would have been on Ferraiolo 1, the 'modus operandum' being buy and throw as many aftermarket parts at your FTR as you can in the shortest amount of time, ditch them and start again. No offence meant or implied Ferraiolo but I'll take the Toce exhaust system off you in 6 days time if you're looking to get shot now I've finally committed to a PV3 the fit would be doable for me?

:ROFLMAO:(y)
Yeah, I traded my 7200+ mile FTR plus $250 for a new MT10. They started with a low-ball offer, I stated that wouldn't work at all and started to walk. Salesman we know grabbed the owner and took him outside to look the FTR over before I could make it out the door. The dealership owner threw out a MUCH more reasonable offer as long as I was leaving all the aftermarket stuff on the bike.

I'll still be around from time to time, I love the FTR platform and it's neat to see what people do with it... just wasn't the bike for me. The MT10 has a larger tank (4.7g), when I commute to and from work I'm getting about 40-50 miles more range between filling up (with cruise control is engaged @ interstate speeds). After the tank-slapper, I looked into steering stabilizers for the FTR1200 - GPR still hasn't released one as they need a test-mule FTR to engineer the mounting system for their stabilizer. I know that all motorcycles are prone to slappers, and I have had minor ones in the past on other bikes... just nothing to this extent. Time seemed to slow but my handlebars were in fast forward, the bike was laying over left to right like I was making a sharp turn at speed, tires screeched as it bounced off the fork stops side to side, and I truly thought I was gonna eat asphalt at 80mph. Not something I could easily get over and ride the 200-mile round trip to work/home a few times a week.