Pics of you Baby

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Haha. I generally keep bikes for about three years. I’m still having fun playing with the ftr but I’m sure I’ll get bored with it.

I too would have gotten a mt10 if i could have gotten over it’s looks, mechanically they are great machines.

S2Davies

Hey ferrailo 1, I must be doing something wrong. My FTR was delivered earlier this year, but I bought my 1200 Daytona in 1997 and my old Matchless I got in 1999! Does that make me a collector, a hoarder or someone who just can't let go? :)

mark.lb

I can’t let go....My 1977 Yamaha XS750 is in the shop right now for a carburetor rebuild and new jets. It only has 32500 miles on it..It should be good for another 20000 soon...

mark.lb

Nice looking bike! (same as mine) I feel a little sorry for you though - Autumn...nearing the end of the riding season? (not sure how harsh your winters are) Spring time in Pennsylvania, USA. The riding season is just getting started. I just got my 77‘ Yamaha XS750 back after a complete carburetor rebuild and sync. Running like a new bike again. Both my girls are ready for a long riding season. (Indian covered in back of picture.)

Attachments

• A95BBAE8-4E99-42FB-A37D-CFE69DA5F778.jpeg
    A95BBAE8-4E99-42FB-A37D-CFE69DA5F778.jpeg
    516.5 KB · Views: 12
Nice looking bike! (same as mine) I feel a little sorry for you though - Autumn...nearing the end of the riding season? (not sure how harsh your winters are) Spring time in Pennsylvania, USA. The riding season is just getting started. I just got my 77‘ Yamaha XS750 back after a complete carburetor rebuild and sync. Running like a new bike again. Both my girls are ready for a long riding season. (Indian covered in back of picture.)
Our winter here can be cold and we may get snow on one or two days. I mostly expect to get 10 or 12 days of clear blue skies to ride outside of ice in the morning if I can wait I reckon 40% of days will be rideable

59Belair

I just washed the bike with the flowgenix magic secret spray ! She's as shiny as a fake bikers new Harley lol

Attachments

• 17524.jpeg
    17524.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 17526.jpeg
    17526.jpeg
    776.2 KB · Views: 28

JDP

Man that’s too bad about that tank slipper, I’ve had that happen to me on a few different bikes but I still kept them thinking I was going too fast and too relaxed, hope he’s happy with his new ride

Unruly Rider

Man that’s too bad about that tank slipper, I’ve had that happen to me on a few different bikes but I still kept them thinking I was going too fast and too relaxed, hope he’s happy with his new ride
The forks and stops had taken a beating, powder-coating was pealing on the frame at the triple-tree stops and the forks had a ding through the gold anodized finish into the fork tube. Wasn't worth it to me to spend more $$$ to repair seeing how much value my FTR1200 S had lost in just under a year of owning it. It was a fun bike, and I loved the looks/styling, brakes, exhaust note... not quite enough power to weight IMO, but a fun bike to ride and do hooligan stuff on. Ultimately the FTR wasn't good for me with my long interstate travel @ 80-85mph, the bars were buzzy and the fuel economy went to shit at those speeds. I'm able to get 140+ miles per tank on the MT-10 with cruise set at 81mph (the tank is roughly 1 gallon larger than the Indian). There are some things the Yamaha doesn't do as good - braking and the throttle snatch are two off the top of my head. Strangely, at 6' 2" the Yamaha fits me better in or out of a tuck than the FTR.

Reactions: K9F

K9F

Glad to see you're still 'lurking about' Unruly. 😎 The MT10 is reputed to be a beast over here. But at my age you need to get all the Kudos you can muster and riding a bike with an Indian logo yields more than a bike with a Yamaha one. Not having a poke there just a bit of humour at my expense.

I am intrigued as to what may have been the root cause of your tank slapper? Every time I now get the urge to give it some 'real beans' I've got this little Gremlin that whispers in my ear "Unruly had a tank slapper you know?" May have to follow your lead and get someone to buy and send me a bell or two, sounds like they helped you out of your predicament?

Unruly Rider

Glad to see you're still 'lurking about' Unruly. 😎 The MT10 is reputed to be a beast over here. But at my age you need to get all the Kudos you can muster and riding a bike with an Indian logo yields more than a bike with a Yamaha one. Not having a poke there just a bit of humour at my expense.

I am intrigued as to what may have been the root cause of your tank slapper? Every time I now get the urge to give it some 'real beans' I've got this little Gremlin that whispers in my ear "Unruly had a tank slapper you know?" May have to follow your lead and get someone to buy and send me a bell or two, sounds like they helped you out of your predicament?
I believe it to be a combination of all the right/wrong things. Suspension settings and/or geometry mixed with cruise control set at just the right speed, and road-to-bridge then back to road segments caused some instability that just all went from bad to worse in less than a second. I checked the usual suspect (tire pressure) and it was spot on. I've been able to accelerate out of slappers in the past on other bikes, never had one that got violent like this while cruise control was active. Definitely won't be running cruise in that section of highway in the future - I40 is a toll road, yet one of the worst condition in the state. Not sure if it was the guardian bell that saved me, my guardian angel (dad), or the good Lord above... but I feel someone/something was definitely watching over me. Nothing like the moment of clarity before feeling like your life is gonna be taken away - it's good to be alive! :)

59Belair

It's the only one I have tried so I can't say it's better than anything else but I was impressed went on and off easy super shine and slippery to the touch. How long will it last ? I did everything paint,rims, helmet , helmet visor nothing negative to say so far