Plug and play front turnsignal

K9F

You need to fit some load equalisers which are basically resistors to get over your problem.

Max Kool

I’ve heard about this before on the FTR , typically happens if the replacements draw less current than the stock ones.

Can even draw a battery empty overnight (yes, with the ignition off).

@K9F has the solution.

K9F

Depends which Side of the Pond you live?

Max Cool's side these guys will help you out:

My side:

**LATER EDIT** I get mine from Thunderbike in Germany. There are a myriad of options out there ranging from very cheap to sell a kidney expensive. These work and aren't bad cost wise.

K9F

Sorry Max,

JDP....Not necessarily. I like and have fitted the Thunderbike ones. Did you actually take time and read the content of the links I took my time to find and post up? Obviously that'll be a "No" then.

Depends on how many you're hooking up/replacing and what and where you are buying? If you had looked at the links I had posted the Thunderbike one has your answer quite clear and concise as does the Custom Dynamics....."One load equalizer is typically needed for each pair of turn signals." Google is your friend too......Cut and paste and a bit larger so you don't miss it.

Fits with one pair of turn signals

For Canbus bikes you need two of the Thunderbike and Custom Dynamics ones for all four indicators. Basically one equaliser does two indicators, usually they have three tails, one ground and the other two get spliced to each of the indicator positives.

Last edited:

K9F

That’s just two resistors in one package...

Agree but without splitting any hairs here for anyone that can’t pay attention to posted detail you only need one of them. This saves them the bother of putting on their floppy shoes, squirty flower and red nose before heading out to buy ‘it’ or ordering on line!

JDP

Wow man talk about daddy issues, I just needed some advice didn’t want a beat down, I know about the equalizer for when the led blinks really fast but I’ve never seen turn signals turn into running lights, I’m going to install the equalizer and post up how it’s working for my dummy friends

K9F

It'll work just fine and dandy, others have had exactly the same issue as yourself. No beat down but some people just can't seem to find the time to read the help that is posted and it ends up a waste of time for all involved. Probably just too busy or in too much of a rush to get to a solution?

Last edited:

JDP

Just thought I would everyone know that I purchased a led equalizer from Revzilla for &18 bucks three wires and I’m back in business, thanks for the help.hope this will help out another dummy like me