Radiator grills

Pottsy

Hi guys first post on this forum owned my FTR carbon since march 2nd owner and clocked up 1200 miles , took it to Moore speed for service and coolant recall, great team there , really recommend them. Question. What are the thoughts on radiator grills and what makes/ types are people fitting.

Pottsy

In the UK it comes in at 347 aus dollers with another 35 dollers postage, R & G is as low as £ 65.80 and free post . Got as far as check on Radguard and they have since sent two emails wanting me to complete, so no believe it !

edgelett

R&G is £84, so AUS$155.. or US$105
and the Radguard is $195 AU, with free shipping in Aus, so the R&G is definitely not 'less than half' the price as suggested.
I can't see how it could possibly be $347 AU anywhere in the world as it's not listed for that much on their website at all.

Pottsy

Ops sorry guys just realised the price was combined with the oil cooler which does look really good.
Radguard have just sent me a $ 50 off as I've been sat in there basket so the full price is $245 with $ 50 off gives $ 195 with $ 35.00 postage . So in UK pounds that's £ 122.97 plus import duties as over £ 35.00 as no longer in E.U.
I can get the r&g stainless polished with FTR emblem for £ 69.33 free UK delivery for goods over £ 50. So after seeing oil guard may change my mind and get the pair. Sorry you guys for messing you around.

Pottsy

So in the end I went with R&G Stainless rad guard £ 67.00 all in.
Now looking for Brake and Clutch levers, seems to be loads out there, but not so many fitting the FTR ?

Attachments

• IMG_20230712_141944785.jpg
    IMG_20230712_141944785.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230712_142059335.jpg
    IMG_20230712_142059335.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20

Fuse5

I find that hard to believe unless your in the states.
..Radguard.. they send it over (EU).. past times .. special service from them.
Bit more pricy to the UK one´s at the time but the customer service down under .. perfect !

Last edited:

Tripack

I would be careful choosing a guard which does not restrict air flow too much...
Just saying... after seeing some of them being more decorative than technically engineered...
Block off your radiators and they will suffer no damage! :) Engine won't be happy though...