RIP my 2022 white smoke FTR S. only 1800 miles until an old woman decided to delete it with her ford focus.

morooster

I posted here before so I figured it's only appropriate to write a farewell post.

On Nov 26th I was heading down an empty-ish arterial road in Riverside CA. Not even ripping hard, just cruising at 40mph.
I approached a two way stop where the cross street had to yield.
A car approached it, stopped, and I assumed that it would stay stopped until I passed. I was wrong.

1638481652152.jpg1638481651916.jpg

The bike is dead. I'm clearly alive, somehow. But the bike is dead.
I will be in mourning for a while.

Stay safe guys.

FTR London

I posted here before so I figured it's only appropriate to write a farewell post.

On Nov 26th I was heading down an empty-ish arterial road in Riverside CA. Not even ripping hard, just cruising at 40mph.
I approached a two way stop where the cross street had to yield.
A car approached it, stopped, and I assumed that it would stay stopped until I passed. I was wrong.

View attachment 5228View attachment 5229

The bike is dead. I'm clearly alive, somehow. But the bike is dead.
I will be in mourning for a while.

Stay safe guys.
I'm so sorry to hear this - but pleased to hear that you're ok. Did you or anyone manage to capture what happened on camera?

Breto

Dude absolute Bugga…good to see you are up and around and alive mate…like Tash said I hope you get it sorted with insurance mate…all the best…👍😎🇦🇺

mark.lb

Wow - The Lord was definitely smiling on you November 26. How are you feeling? You obviously took a hard hit.
(Any chance the turn signal switch survived? Noksterism is looking for one!)

Last edited:

noksterism

Wow - The Lord was definitely smiling on you November 26. How are you feeling? You obviously took a hard hit.
Yes, sorry about your bike. Can I have the turn signal button? :LOL:

Actually looks like the entire left side of the handlebars has parted ways with the rest of the bike, in the photos.

morooster

I'm so sorry to hear this - but pleased to hear that you're ok. Did you or anyone manage to capture what happened on camera?

Unfortunately no, but witnesses were there and the police report even concluded that the other driver was at fault.
Love the support guys. Thank you so much.

I'll try and see about retrieving bits from the bike that work. But I'm fine, I have pins holding my left toes together and slightly concussed but after the holidays I should be up and about like nothing happened.

Seriously, stay safe everyone. It seems like nobody knows how to drive anymore.

Breto

Well they certainly don’t know how to look for motorcycles either…far out. Speedy recovery man…👍😎🇦🇺

D

Deleted member 706

My condolences on the loss of your bike.
I agree with the others a bike is replaceable you're not.

Babaloo

Man that's a sad sight so sorry.

Happened to me I am returning after 2 years.

I tell you what though it gave me some hope for humanity.

Guy got permission from the police to visit me in trauma to apologise (100% his fault).

I thought it took elephant size balls to man up and do that.......