rough engine running

Keles

Hello. unfortunately I have problems in the range between 5 and 6 thousand revolutions. the engine is very rough and it bothers me a lot. the dealer still has no solution for this. Because I have to drive a lot and for a long time, and finally drive back home via the motorway. it is inevitable to drive at a constant speed. there is of course exactly the problem. the engine is so rough that even my iPhone, which is attached to the handlebar, broke. there is currently no solution. I will try to attach the seat to the upholstery and handlebars with rubber washers. whether that is a solution ??? how are you all doing ?? do you have that too? It's not that bad on the country road because you always drive at different speeds. greetings
Keles

K9F

Unfortunately because of the strict TUV rules you have in your country I am not sure if remapping is allowed? There are certainly ways to make the FTR run and perform considerably better and many people have benefited greatly from using one of the two reputable tuning providers. If you are allowed you need to get a Dynojet PV3 from either Fuelmoto USA or Ryan Randall. Do a search on the forums and see what may be best for you.

Keles

Thank you for the tip. if the FTR dealer doesn't get it I will consider it. the question is what about my guarantee ??? I extended it by a year right from the start. so I have a 3 year guarantee. if the dealer doesn't get it I have to worry about it .. Greetings Keles

D

Deleted member 677

I hate to hear you have this problem. I know it is very frustrating to have a brand new bike that doesn't run as it should..perfectly! Mine has the cold start idle/dying issues. As well as dying while driving normally. Fuel moto has sent me 5 tunes which don't fix the problems. I love the FTR, but won't own it long if Indian or the aftermarket doesn't find a fix. Its not much fun to ride most days. I hope you get something figured out. Even though you shouldn't have too.

Fjalnar

Hey Keles,

K9F is right. Your dealer should check your mapping. I will do the same in two weeks, when my dealer will do the annual check. Luckily mine just has the cold start troubles for 5 minutes or so. After that time everything is quite normal but I wish that there is a better mapping at all.

Greeting from Stuttgart

Fjalnar

Unfortunately because of the strict TUV rules you have in your country I am not sure if remapping is allowed? There are certainly ways to make the FTR run and perform considerably better and many people have benefited greatly from using one of the two reputable tuning providers. If you are allowed you need to get a Dynojet PV3 from either Fuelmoto USA or Ryan Randall. Do a search on the forums and see what may be best for you.

Hey K9F,

TÜV is very strict in Germany but shouldn't be a problem as long as he don't change the overall power. Our cars get remapped from time to time as well.

Best regards

Fuse5

@Keles
i dont know who your dealer is / was but for the warranty u should ask.
If Indian can´t do anything ..my guess.. maybe ask here for a opportunity