S & S with fuelmoto de-cat.

bbuettner

I currently have the S&S slip-on, with the cat, and a Fuel Moto tune - runs great and I really like it.

I would love to get rid of the cat, just because it looks so terrible, but all of the posts and video samples I have seen indicate it would be too loud.

Does anyone make a link pipe that would keep it quiet?

It doesn't have to be stock quiet, but all the samples I have heard are crazy loud!

Mlazarus

Everyone has their own opinion on too loud. I'm partially deaf so I'm probably not a good judge of volume. However, I find that idle speeds and low rpm, the S & S with de-cat isn't too bad. It's not enough to make the neighbors hate me when I roll out to work at 6:30. They have plenty of other good reasons to hate me. A loud motorcycle isn't one of them.

bbuettner

Yea, I agree. In the clips I have heard idle and low throttle aren't bad, but the sound when your on the juice is really raucous and race like - I love it!

But... too loud for me all the time.

edgelett

I currently have the S&S slip-on, with the cat, and a Fuel Moto tune - runs great and I really like it.

I would love to get rid of the cat, just because it looks so terrible, but all of the posts and video samples I have seen indicate it would be too loud.

Does anyone make a link pipe that would keep it quiet?

It doesn't have to be stock quiet, but all the samples I have heard are crazy loud!
there's a chap on the Indian FTR1200 facebook group in Europe who makes a link pipe that includes a cat/baffle to comply with Euro emissions requirements.
that would probably do what you're after - looks clean but not anywhere near as loud.
his name is Thomas Kopp

edgelett

I am not on BookFace. :oops:

Do you know of a way I can contact him to purchase his pipe?
sorry mate, he doesn't have a website up yet - everything he does is via FB at this point. But I'll ask him if he has an email for you.

bbuettner

I just ordered a link pipe from Thomas too.

I will post pictures and a review once it arrives and I get it installed.

I am wondering how it will work with my FM PV-3 tune.

Thomas was a great guy, super easy to deal with.