Safety Recall I-24-03 (ABS System Module)

Azamatka

I experienced something like that about 10 years ago when a guy came up to me while we were in a traffic jam and told me that he had almost crashed into my car because he couldn't see me braking. Initially I thought my brake signals were off but when I checked them the red signals were constantly on, thus not allowing other drivers to see my intention to break.

That issue is very serious and must be fixed.

wallycycle

I experienced something like that about 10 years ago when a guy came up to me while we were in a traffic jam and told me that he had almost crashed into my car because he couldn't see me braking. Initially I thought my brake signals were off but when I checked them the red signals were constantly on, thus not allowing other drivers to see my intention to break.

That issue is very serious and must be fixed.
Yes, I can see the hazard to rider if the brake light illuminates and remains on. I thought from reading the issue description (" According to the manufacturer, the affected motorcycles may have faults that could cause the bike’s brake lights to flash unexpectedly") that it was just a momentary thing. Anyway, sounds like an easy fix if all that is done is a reflash of the ABS module.

edgelett

Yes, I can see the hazard to rider if the brake light illuminates and remains on. I thought from reading the issue description (" According to the manufacturer, the affected motorcycles may have faults that could cause the bike’s brake lights to flash unexpectedly") that it was just a momentary thing. Anyway, sounds like an easy fix if all that is done is a reflash of the ABS module.
people might think you're brake checking them.
or if it's flashing constantly, they might not realise when you really are braking