Sahhhhh Dude from California

AleGav

Hey everyone!!! I just picked up a 2023 FTR Sport and absolutely love it!! I wanted a cruiser bike but in an upright, naked style and this fits the bill perfectly.

I've been lurking and it sounds like the best way for me to get Lloyd's tune is to send out my ECU. For those that have it, worth it? I've got the dreaded cold start stalling, rough idle and the dreaded throttle surge. I am NOT yet running the latest update from Indian but have that service scheduled for next week.

Anywho! Absolutely love this bike, my first bike that I've owned vs just renting and cruising around with friendsz so still a "new rider" in that sense. Don't worry, I've got plenty of gear haha "Dress for the slide, not the ride."

Nice to meet everyone!

Alex

FTR London

Hey everyone!!! I just picked up a 2023 FTR Sport and absolutely love it!! I wanted a cruiser bike but in an upright, naked style and this fits the bill perfectly.

I've been lurking and it sounds like the best way for me to get Lloyd's tune is to send out my ECU. For those that have it, worth it? I've got the dreaded cold start stalling, rough idle and the dreaded throttle surge. I am NOT yet running the latest update from Indian but have that service scheduled for next week.

Anywho! Absolutely love this bike, my first bike that I've owned vs just renting and cruising around with friendsz so still a "new rider" in that sense. Don't worry, I've got plenty of gear haha "Dress for the slide, not the ride."

Nice to meet everyone!

Alex
Definitely get the Lloydz bench tune - although it hasn't fully eliminated what you refer to 'throttle surge' nor the throttle blip on mine - neither of which are an issue.

Bit puzzled as to why you regard the FTR as anything resembling a cruiser though?

AleGav

Definitely get the Lloydz bench tune - although it hasn't fully eliminated what you refer to 'throttle surge' nor the throttle blip on mine - neither of which are an issue.

Bit puzzled as to why you regard the FTR as anything resembling a cruiser though?
I guess I say "cruiser" for the V-Twin characteristics vs say an MT09 or another "naked" style bike. I was originally looking at an FZ/MT 07, but the engine breaking and overall "twitchy" throttle (always felt like I was riding 10/10ths) turned me off. And that could very well just be me. This is the first bike I have owned myself but have been renting/riding with friends for a while. I still consider myself a new rider in the fact that over the last decade I've maybe ridden 20-30 times during that time.

I like the naked style (KTM Duke. SV650, MT07, etc.) I was looking at a Scout, and Chief and that's the style of riding I wanted to do but not on that style of bike. Then I found the FTR. I was hooked on looks alone and then when I drove it, I knew it was the one :) haha long winded answer.

Alex