Samco hoses…

Breto

Just spent a couple of very challenging days in the shed fitting the Samco Hoses to the FTR. I thought seeing I was doing plugs it would give me a bit more room. Mmmm well I actually started questioning my mechanical ability and messaged Mike but was assured there was no easy way to do that t section. I must applaud those who struggle doing it through the frame. I honestly can’t see how you do it especially with all the pollution crap on my model. I can also see why there has been a lot of frame damage as well. I didn’t damage mine at all but it was a nightmare job. Looks great but I wouldn’t want to do it again. Ran it up to fan cut in and no leaks so that’s a definite bonus. I think Mike agrees that the clamps they supply need to be bigger diameter. Very hard to back off enough to fit properly. But all in all I learnt a lot about my bike. Things come apart and back together pretty well. Follow the manual and there is no dramas. I’m happy with my choice. I reckon it looks cool. Urban camo red.
857D3A9E-C9B9-492F-9043-3CCFF49FB6B9.jpeg3B501ABC-2F6E-4B22-8C43-7E8BA1C8BE66.jpeg50C26510-4E0B-494B-95BA-9519CB0F794D.jpeg

edgelett

That looks awesome mate. Nice work.

yep I'm glad my dealer took all day to do the recall cause at least my frame is pristine.

ng3FUMf4vCM3YgW

Yeah, I f'ed up my junction hose and ended up just using the new Indian one. If I was to do it again I would make sure to pre-heat the crap out of the hose and maybe see if I have a friend with small hands to help me.

Congrats on getting it done. Mostly pretty straight forward but that junction hose is a pita.

Breto

Yeah, I f'ed up my junction hose and ended up just using the new Indian one. If I was to do it again I would make sure to pre-heat the crap out of the hose and maybe see if I have a friend with small hands to help me.

Congrats on getting it done. Mostly pretty straight forward but that junction hose is a pita.
I had thought about buying the replacement part and doing the same thing.