Sato inner bar weights with CRG bar end mirrors, will the CRG adapter connect the two?

aamike68

Hey guys, I just ordered the SATO inner bar weights (just the weights without the expander) and im wondering how I would connect them to the CRG mirrors. I see that CRG offers an adapter, would that connect them? I just want to be sure before I start ordering everything, I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere. The FTR stock mirrors arent great, and my shoulders are very wide so not being able to see behind me sucks.

edgelett

my husband has sato inner weights and CRG mirrrors on his.
if I get a chance I can try to take a photo for you of how they fit.

aamike68

my husband has sato inner weights and CRG mirrrors on his.
if I get a chance I can try to take a photo for you of how they fit.
Thank you so much! I really need better mirrors but want to keep the bars weighted. I went ahead and ordered the weights, arrow mirrors, and crg adapters, so hopefully everything plays nice. Thanks for the quick comment.

edgelett

I seem to recall we had to switch out the screw that was in the bar end mirror to a longer one, but I'll have a look later tonight.

aamike68

I seem to recall we had to switch out the screw that was in the bar end mirror to a longer one, but I'll have a look later tonight.
*EDIT* Disregard, its an M6, I looked at the bar weight instructions and there they were lol.

just got all the parts in and you were right, the screw that comes with the crg adapter was too short. Cant find the thread/screw size anywhere online, even on the sato racing site (because it fits the weights just fine). Ill probably run to the hardware store later to see if I get lucky, you wouldnt happen to remember the screw size would you?

edgelett

so
*EDIT* Disregard, its an M6, I looked at the bar weight instructions and there they were lol.

just got all the parts in and you were right, the screw that comes with the crg adapter was too short. Cant find the thread/screw size anywhere online, even on the sato racing site (because it fits the weights just fine). Ill probably run to the hardware store later to see if I get lucky, you wouldnt happen to remember the screw size would you?
sorry I completely forgot to do this - I've been working late a LOT this week. Very sorry about that.

I'm not sure the exact screw size - I happened to have another screw lying around from a pair of cheaparse chinese mirrors that fit perfectly.

EagleEye78

I added a nylon washer around the stock bolt going into the bars. The arrow mirror is secured to the plastic sleeve. Seems to work and cost less then $2.oo to do both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.jpeg
    IMG_2616.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2617.jpeg
    IMG_2617.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

aamike68

I added a nylon washer around the stock bolt going into the bars. The arrow mirror is secured to the plastic sleeve. Seems to work and cost less then $2.oo to do both sides.
LOL! that makes so much sense hahaha. Could have saved myself $60 on bar weights and adapters, oh well, might as well use them now that I have them. Thanks for sharing man.

EagleEye78

LOL! that makes so much sense hahaha. Could have saved myself $60 on bar weights and adapters, oh well, might as well use them now that I have them. Thanks for sharing man.
So just out of curiosity, how did the bar ends work out for you? For me with the stock bar end weights it still gets a little vibey on longer rides.

aamike68

So just out of curiosity, how did the bar ends work out for you? For me with the stock bar end weights it still gets a little vibey on longer rides.
Honestly I don't notice much of a difference, which is fine because I didn't think the stock grips had much vibration. But I didn't put many miles on it in stock form before changing it, I just wanted to keep the handle bars weighted with the new mirrors, which are so much better than stock.