Several issues on FTR with only 380 mi

Coppernico

I just brought a brand New 2019 FTR S from my local dealer. The moto was on the show room for almost 2 years until I got it. After just 380 miles I’m having all sorts of issues: low voltage bar, cyl misfire, cold start stahl and the worse; shut off while driving. It normally happens immediately after pull the clutch to down shift. Yesterday night it stahl at 60 mph and force me to pull over to restart.

I will appreciate any feedback

Charliemurphay

There’s multiple threads going back and forth on the two tuning camps. Bottom line is one tuner (fuel moto) does remote tuning through the Dynojet PV3, and another tuner (Ryan at Lloydz) does a PV3 tune or a bench tune where you send in the ECU and they program it even further than the PV3 can. Everybody seems to love this bike much more on a tune no matter which you get.

I personally have fuel moto and it’s a butter smooth cold idle with smooth consistent power and it’s a different beast than from the factory.

I’m sure someone that has the Ryan tune will chime in with their thoughts on it.
Those two are your main options for tuning.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ether is better than stock. Plenty of info here to read and form an idea which is best for you

OldFatBasstard

I just brought a brand New 2019 FTR S from my local dealer. The moto was on the show room for almost 2 years until I got it. After just 380 miles I’m having all sorts of issues: low voltage bar, cyl misfire, cold start stahl and the worse; shut off while driving. It normally happens immediately after pull the clutch to down shift. Yesterday night it stahl at 60 mph and force me to pull over to restart.

I will appreciate any feedback
LOL. My dealer sold me the bike knowing the battery was human fecal matter. Didn't matter how long I had it on the tender the bike would only start when the temp was 55 or above. Anything below that it wouldn't even turn over. Hit start, screen goes blank and then starts it cycle over again. Go back to your dealer and tell them the battery is bad or replace it yourself. My dealer put a new battery on mine and it works fine. The codes are normal on the original tune when warming the bike up. Turn it off and they vanish. I had one time when the bike shut down while moving and that was due to user error. I wasn't paying attention and I hit the off switch by mistake. Spend the money on the PV3, you will be very pleased with your bikes performance.

LeeJ

I installed a PV3 tune (stock intake/stock exhaust) at about 1,000 miles. Cold warmup is much better. I am happy with it overall at 1,400 miles.