Speedometer Housing Rear Cover

MTC414

Hi All, I am looking for some help. I have been looking for a COVER-SPEEDO Item # 5459539 for my 2023 FTR base for almost a year. I called Indian last May and was told the part will be available in August 2023. It was never released and I recently called and was told this part was discontinued. It is the rear cover for the speedometer housing. I have not been able to find an alternative. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

irsh

So a year old bike and they are already discontinuing parts? I don't see an alternate listed either...

1713995073606.png

Staedtler

That's not a good situation. What is actually wrong with the part you have, is it cracked? Are you able to get someone to plastic weld it back together?
I've done repairs to plastic using stainless steel mesh and a soldering iron before, that method may help? Plenty to see on Youtube if you search.

MTC414

I was installing the USB module and completely stripped out the bolt. I tried everything to get the bolt off including cutting a slot with a Dremel. That was big mistake bc the bolt heated up and melted the plastic on the front cover making the bolt just spin. I had to break away the back cover at that point. I looked up the parts beforehand and saw the back cover was $19.99 but out of stock, the front was $54.99 and the bolt was $24.99. So I waited for the back cover to become available and it never did. I did this after owning the bike for about a week.

Staedtler

I have been messaging MTC414 in the background, as I reached out to Polaris in the UK directly. They said a replacement is in the process of being created to order that includes the clips too, but under a different part number 2638987. Not available yet, but coming...