Stuck screws in battery tray

gbaetzel

Previous owner got these stuck in the battery tray and I can’t seem to get them out. Would it be best to just buy a whole new tray and install it? Has anyone had similar issues or removed/installed a battery tray before??IMG_1877.jpeg

Axs1312

Even if you get a new try, the risk of damaging the housing would remain. Not done this personally but can think of two options.
If the screws were stuck due to over tightening, there’s a bunch of screw out kits that go for $5-$15 that can help. Be careful not to use too much force as it could break the plastic pieces.
Another solution might be using a penetrating oil for rusted parts. Hammering a screwdriver can also help. Check this article:

cupcake_mike

Grab them with a pair of vice grips. Looks like you are buying a new battery cover anyway, since there's chunks of it underneath those bolts.

-Mike

gbaetzel

Even if you get a new try, the risk of damaging the housing would remain. Not done this personally but can think of two options.
If the screws were stuck due to over tightening, there’s a bunch of screw out kits that go for $5-$15 that can help. Be careful not to use too much force as it could break the plastic pieces.
Another solution might be using a penetrating oil for rusted parts. Hammering a screwdriver can also help. Check this article:
[/URL]
They spin but the metal threaded part spins with the screw which is the problem

gbaetzel

Grab them with a pair of vice grips. Looks like you are buying a new battery cover anyway, since there's chunks of it underneath those bolts.

-Mike
The battery cover is actually good, I’m not sure where that random piece of plastic came from. My only guess is the previous owner tried to use it as a washer or spacer for whatever reason