Sun is out

fugz

The Sun is out in the UK and the roads are dry and a balmy 10DegC. What a pleasure to take the FTR out.:)

K9F

Next week is supposed to be good. Going to take my remaining three days holiday and hope to get out on the bike myself?

Max Kool

This one of those rare weeks where the weather is bad where I live. No riding for-fun in the next week and a half. And I'm locked down working at home due to Corona, so not even commuting....

EllenGtrGrl

You people are lucky! The only day, that looked even remotely good for riding here in WIsconsin, was this past Thursday, but there was a 50% chance of rain. The rain held off, and I decided to take ye olde FTR 1200 for a spin, but I got home late, due to having to stop off at the supermarket to pick up some groceries before everything was cleaned out by the Covid-19 panic, that hit here on Thursday morning, after it was mentioned that there were 2 potential cases of Covid-19 in Kenosha (which hugs the Illinois state line, about 38 miles south of Milwaukee). I dealt with the pandemonium, to get the groceries I needed (good grief! everybody cleaned out the inventory of toilet paper!), got home later than I would have liked, put away the perishable stuff (leaving the rest for later), hopped on the FTR 1200, and headed out. Wouldn't you know it, I barely got over the county line into Waukesha County, about 2 miles west of home, and it started to rain! Ugh! I turned around to head back home, the rain tapered off, and figuring that maybe I was just dealing with scattered rain showers, I went south on a side road, figuring I'd stay relatively close to home. Well that worked for all of about 3 minutes. The rain started again! So, I just cried uncle, and headed home, before the rain got any heavier.

In short, at the most, I got in a 20 minute ride. Weather isn't looking good for riding, for at least the next several days (it only hit about 36F today, and we actually had snow flurries!). I'm going through motorcycle riding withdrawal bigtime.

Last edited:

edgelett

sun's been out on this side of the globe for a while!
Got a decent ride in today, went through a lot of the places that were hit by the bushfires earlier this year.
good to stretch the legs

Attachments

• Tash ride.jpg
    Tash ride.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 6

mark.lb

Very cool edgelett. I was vaguely aware of Indian Ride Command but never downloaded the app. I just downloaded it to my I-phone. When I ride I use a Sena 20S EVO. (Speakers and microphone are inside my helmet.) Generally I listen to SiriusXM satellite music while I ride. I can also answer or make cellular phone calls hands free and can speak over a voice activated intercom when I ride with my son-in-laws. (We all use the same Sena EVOs) I am very curious to see if the Indian Ride Command will pair with my FTR and simultaneously allow me to use my Sena system. There might be a little too much going on at the same time for it all to work. Music is essential. I can’t ride without classic rock!

Unruly Rider

Had a nice ride out to Mt. Scott in the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge on Thursday with my son and a friend. The last few days have been a bit cooler, with overcast cloud coverage and a bit more wind gusts... and the rest of the week is supposed to be more of the same.
20200312_170804.jpg20200312_170720.jpg20200312_170730.jpg

mark.lb

Great pictures Unruly Rider. I have never been to Oklahoma. It looks vast, wide open and very flat....much different than the rolling hills of South Western Pennsylvania where I am from.....

edgelett

Very cool edgelett. I was vaguely aware of Indian Ride Command but never downloaded the app. I just downloaded it to my I-phone. When I ride I use a Sena 20S EVO. (Speakers and microphone are inside my helmet.) Generally I listen to SiriusXM satellite music while I ride. I can also answer or make cellular phone calls hands free and can speak over a voice activated intercom when I ride with my son-in-laws. (We all use the same Sena EVOs) I am very curious to see if the Indian Ride Command will pair with my FTR and simultaneously allow me to use my Sena system. There might be a little too much going on at the same time for it all to work. Music is essential. I can’t ride without classic rock!
I have a Sena S10, i actually have both my phone and IPod blutoothed to it - i use the ipod for my music and and phone for calls. This way there's no issue with the Ride Command on the bike cause the iPod isn't using it at all and my music goes straight to the Sena.
I have my phone paired with the bike, and used the app on the phone to track this ride.so far no-one has rung me while I've been riding since I got the FTR but we did a test and I seemed to be able to answer the call and hear it via the Sena ok.

Max Kool

I'm pretty lucky in that the Adelaide Hills are literally out my door and too the right haha.
the video feature the app has to show the landscape of where you rode is pretty cool, that way you guys can appreciate where we go!
Should be able to get out again next Sunday too so will try to remember to track a 2nd time ;)
You know where I live, same here. It’s my Zen.

Unruly Rider

Great pictures Unruly Rider. I have never been to Oklahoma. It looks vast, wide open and very flat....much different than the rolling hills of South Western Pennsylvania where I am from.....
Yeah, it's pretty flat... the best roads around the area I live are in the wildlife refuge, closest thing we have to canyons. A lot of country plains and farm land outside of the major cities. Eastern Oklahoma has a lot more to look at, Talimena national scenic byway, etc.

mark.lb

We made it to 72*F in Pittsburgh today. I was able to take both my girls out on a date. What a great day to ride!

Attachments

• 9BCC9E41-FCBE-4B0F-BFF5-31939C1D65AC.jpeg
    9BCC9E41-FCBE-4B0F-BFF5-31939C1D65AC.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 6
  • F3D95509-1E1B-41BB-AA09-5FE1385E86FA.jpeg
    F3D95509-1E1B-41BB-AA09-5FE1385E86FA.jpeg
    559.2 KB · Views: 6