The irreplaceable turn signal button

noksterism

The previous owner of my bike somehow lost the turn signal switch cap/button/the plastic piece that fits over the metal stalk. Surely, I thought to myself, this will be super easy to replace.

Well, Indian's parts diagrams don't have that level of granularity - can only order the entire switch assembly.

OK, I'll call the dealer - nope, they can't order anything other than the entire assembly.

OK, I'll call Indian directly - nope, "the turn signal switch is not available as a serviceable part".

They want me to spend $400 to replace a tiny piece of plastic. 🤬

Are there any alternatives or does anyone have one lying around and willing to part with it for (hopefully a whole lot) less than $400? Ha.

Last edited:

noksterism

My friend is willing to try and mock up and make one on his 3D printer.
Would any of you guys be willing to send some detailed photos of the button off your bike with some rough dimensions?

mark.lb

Try these - (you get better results if you call them not just check on line)
eBay
MrCycleParts
Babbitt’s Online
Cannibal Cycles
Cycle Trader
Bike Bone Yard
Drum Hill Cycle
Craig’s List

noksterism

My friend is willing to try and mock up and make one on his 3D printer.
Would any of you guys be willing to send some detailed photos of the button off your bike with some rough dimensions?
Bump. Would be grateful if someone could give me rough measurements of their turn signal switch cap.

SURGEFTR

You cannot buy this part. I sell a lot of parts and have a guy in need as well from a bike he bought at auction. He has a machinist making one for him out of aluminum. I think that's pretty extreme and expensive. A 3d printed version would be perfect.

kiwi dave

The previous owner of my bike somehow lost the turn signal switch cap/button/the plastic piece that fits over the metal stalk.
Can you not simply extend the metal stalk with a short piece of metal tube glued on to the existing metal stalk? Perhaps drill and tap so a threaded bolt can be attached?

noksterism

Can you not simply extend the metal stalk with a short piece of metal tube glued on to the existing metal stalk? Perhaps drill and tap so a threaded bolt can be attached?
I'm just trying to keep it as true to original as possible. If I can't sort out this 3D print idea, I'll go the hacky route.

Thank you, @mark.lb !