UK recall

OleALZ

same in germany. I called my dealer. They are not informed,yet. I'll go to him to order the parts.

OleALZ

same in germany. I called my dealer. They are not informed,yet. I'll go to him to order the parts.
New info. He is informed since October. He waits for the official info, because no parts on stock. Expect the change order for germany in february.

fugz

Are the hoses available in the US? Anyone fancy buying one for me and shipping it to the UK.

Would like to sell my FTR but would be easier without the recall outstanding.

edgelett

Are the hoses available in the US? Anyone fancy buying one for me and shipping it to the UK.

Would like to sell my FTR but would be easier without the recall outstanding.
if you do it yourself, technically the recall is still outstanding because it hasn't been marked off on Indian's records. unless you can ask your dealer to mark it off for you.

fugz

I was thinking of getting the dealer to do it and just give them the part. If the part is available in the US. Perhaps it's an import thing!

edgelett

I was thinking of getting the dealer to do it and just give them the part. If the part is available in the US. Perhaps it's an import thing!
it seems REALLY weird to me that UK dealers don't have it yet given that I'm in Australia and our dealers have been doing the recall since October 2022.
but who knows.

and yes that option would be good if you can give them the part and get them to do it, the can mark it off for you.

Nute

As someone who has just purchased an FTR (ex dealership demo ) do I need to register my ownership with my local dealer so they are aware who owns the bike? Not sure how else I would be notified of a recall one parts are available?

edgelett

As someone who has just purchased an FTR (ex dealership demo ) do I need to register my ownership with my local dealer so they are aware who owns the bike? Not sure how else I would be notified of a recall one parts are available?
register your ownership with the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group for the UK. its free online.
and download the RIde Command app and pop your VIN number in that so you can see if any recalls are outstanding.

Nute

register your ownership with the Indian Motorcycle Riders Group for the UK. its free online.
and download the RIde Command app and pop your VIN number in that so you can see if any recalls are outstanding.
Thanks so much, that’s really helpful !! :)