Warning Triangle light

Babaloo

Sorry I can imagine this has been covered but a few searches I could not get there. Please just attach link to other threads if need be.

I have the bike cutting out a few times and a warning triangle light coming on. It has cut out twice before but went away this time it does not seem it's going this time.

It's the 2021 Race Rep.

I can get it back to dealer but just wondering what we are talking about here....

cupcake_mike

Its the "chassis fault" indicator. Could mean a number of things, but if you don't have any specific codes in on the diagnostic screen I would imagine its likely something intermittent that doesn't stay in long enough to actual trigger the code in the dash. I would think the dealers machine could see the fault, no matter how intermittent. Check your battery cables for tightness and the fuses under the battery box (they are known to vibrate out and cause cutting out type problems).

Last edited:

kiwi dave

I've had issues with my battery on my FTR1200S since I purchased it new. First of all, the battery would die, and even after recharging it, it would demand several "clicks" before the motor would turn. After a considerable amount of negotiation, I convinced them to replace the battery, and my problems were over (for a while).

Then just last week, I went to start my FTR and nothing, absolutely dead, not even a click. Luckily, I was at a motorcycle accessory shop, and they sold me a new Yuasa YTS14-BS to fit. What a difference, it seems that even the replacement battery that the dealer supplied was crap.

My FTR is still under warranty for a couple of months, I just didn't want to deal with the palava from the importers I know I would be in for.

Life's too short.

cupcake_mike

I've had issues with my battery on my FTR1200S since I purchased it new. First of all, the battery would die, and even after recharging it, it would demand several "clicks" before the motor would turn. After a considerable amount of negotiation, I convinced them to replace the battery, and my problems were over (for a while).

Then just last week, I went to start my FTR and nothing, absolutely dead, not even a click. Luckily, I was at a motorcycle accessory shop, and they sold me a new Yuasa YTS14-BS to fit. What a difference, it seems that even the replacement battery that the dealer supplied was crap.

My FTR is still under warranty for a couple of months, I just didn't want to deal with the palava from the importers I know I would be in for.

Life's too short.

Might want to check your manufacturer or part number as yuasa doesn't make a yts14-bs (maybe it's a down under thing?). The ytx14-bs is the stock Indian battery, made by yuasa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-175214_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-175214_Chrome.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 4

kiwi dave

My bad, I was guessing the number as it was under the cover. Actually, it is a BS SLA BATTERY BTX14. The dealer said it was equivalent to a YTX14-BS.

Note to oneself. Never start quoting details while relying on memory.

cupcake_mike

Same size, same CCA, same AH rating, etc

Looks to be the same battery, just manufactured by someone else. Glad you are happy with it!

wallycycle

Sorry I can imagine this has been covered but a few searches I could not get there. Please just attach link to other threads if need be.

I have the bike cutting out a few times and a warning triangle light coming on. It has cut out twice before but went away this time it does not seem it's going this time.

It's the 2021 Race Rep.

I can get it back to dealer but just wondering what we are talking about here....
I had the same issue. Warning triangle and the bike would cut out and stop running. Sometimes intermittent, and at other times bike just was dead.

On the right hand switch block, there are two small connectors plugged in at the bottom. The forward connector in my case had come loose. I pulled it out and noticed that the female housing on the switch block was cracked, not allowing the retainer prongs on the male end to "click" in and be locked in place. Maybe I cracked it by turning my steering all the way to the right and the switch block impacted my tank bag and cracked the female receptacle? Regardless, I super-glued it in and thousands of miles later, all is well.

Might be worth a look at that small connector.

Babaloo

Appreciated and I'll keep this in mind.

I took the bike back and they said no faults come up.

He did a download and upgraded the bike to latest. At same time bike had a small service.

To be fair 80 miles and no issue.

If it reoccurs I'll look at your possible solution next.

Fingers 🤞.

wallycycle

Hope whatever the dealer did works and lasts.

If you gently pull on that forward connector it shouldn't come out which means it's ok and not your issue. Disconnecting it will result in a triangle and the bike won't run.